jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

How many days a year do you use the outside grill?

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

I  know people that use their outside grill all year long..that means they brush off the foot of snow on top of the lid and light it up..
    Are you a hard core grill master?

1. Baker Haley profile image75
      Baker Haleyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have literally not touched mine since I bought it.  It's George Foreman's fault.

2. 0
      mtsi1098posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I did move the grill in the garage years ago to help with the rain and snow and cook as often as I can in the garage...been working like a charm smile

3. Fullerman5000 profile image81
      Fullerman5000posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not enough, but most of the meals i plan on my days off or holidays im either grilling or smoking outside. meals on the grill are just so much better.

4. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 5 years ago in reply to this

We definitely use our grill all year long, but winters are pretty temperate here.  I've definitely stood over the grill with an umbrella in the rain, though.  Can't beat that fresh-grilled taste, as Fullerman5000 said.

5. JEDIJESSICUH profile image85
      JEDIJESSICUHposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My father, who lives in a climate where it doesn't snow, uses it year around. He's really big on barbequing. It could be forty degrees outside and pouring rain and he'll be on his patio making ribs. He doesn't care if everyone else is inside huddling near the heater, if he wants to make ribs, he's making ribs.

6. Karen N profile image40
      Karen Nposted 5 years ago in reply to this

We use our grill all year long, and I have to say that it really came in handy a few years ago when we lost power for a couple of days due to an ice storm.

7. 0
      jenuboukaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes!,  My neighbor's think I don't own a stove...and a slight bit off my rocker when they smell remnants of smores wafting through the air in the dead of winter

2. kmackey32 profile image81
    kmackey32posted 5 years ago

Too many times to beable to count.

3. MyMastiffPuppies profile image73
    MyMastiffPuppiesposted 5 years ago

We have not used our grill as much this summer but mainly due to the unbearable hot, humid summer days we had this year. I am looking forward to cooler fall weather so we can actually enjoy it!

1. kittythedreamer profile image96
      kittythedreamerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'd say at least twice a week....minus like three of the winter months...if that helps!

4. The RV Guy profile image80
    The RV Guyposted 5 years ago

The lid sports a hefty dent, the legs are wobbly but my tabletop grill has had a good life.  It has seen its share of tasty ribs, succulent steaks and more hamburgers than can be counted.  Though I have a great gas range in my motorhome, I use the grill almost exclusively. 

As others have said; meats just taste better cooked outside over direct flame as do many veggies and corn on the cob.  Also as I live full time in a motorhome, using the grill eliminates food odors inside that are intensified by the smaller confines.

I love the smoky aroma of a grill heating up and the anticipation of the rewards it soon will bring forth.

5. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 5 years ago

We use ours about once a week, on average.

6. leahlefler profile image100
    leahleflerposted 5 years ago

We use ours about twice per week, but generally not in January - February. When the temperature falls below negative 10 degrees, we don't go outside!

7. missolive profile image93
    missoliveposted 5 years ago

At the very least once or twice per week. Grilled ribs, sausage and fajitas with a cold Bud are commonplace with my South Texas family.

8. ClaireHaley profile image59
    ClaireHaleyposted 5 years ago

Living in the UK we use our grill about twice a year if we are lucky. We just get so much rain! and you can never plan to have a BBQ. If it's a nice day it's quick get out the grill and get some friends over.