jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)

Soup

1. profile image61
    Anastaziaposted 5 years ago

Hey...
    Guys i am looking for a good soup recipe for dieting... ??
    if anyone of you know any so please share with me

1. dinkan53 profile image77
      dinkan53posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Better to have soup with oats. Boil potatoes, green beans sliced into small pieces, carrots and beetroots. when the vegetables are cooked add oats and salt required, cook for 5 more minutes. You can add some fried onions if needed at the end which will add extra taste.(I added vegetables which i used to prefer, you can add whatever you like, for example- cabbage, cauliflower etc)

2. plinka profile image81
      plinkaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi, cabbage soup is said to be dieting. I think, most of the vegetable soups can be eaten when you are on a diet if they don't contain much fat.

1. 2uesday profile image87
        2uesdayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The only fat in my home made vegetable soups is the small quantity of olive oil I use to sauté the onions, carrots and celery in. The other ingredients are just vegetables and stock. We have this as a main meal with bread or sometimes as a snack in the autumn/winter, after working outside on the vegetable plot.

1. plinka profile image81
          plinkaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am a "soup eater" too. It's o.k. to use some fat. 1 or 2 TBS olive oil per day is essential for the body.

2. 2uesday profile image87
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

Well I was going to suggest one with spam in it, then I realised there was n't any smile

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image96
      Gordon Hamiltonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm...you've got me thinking now! I wonder what it would taste like and whether I should give it a go... ??? lol

1. 2uesday profile image87
        2uesdayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would n't ham maybe OK, but spam would make an awful choice for soup.

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image96
          Gordon Hamiltonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Agreed - pretty awful choice for anything, from what I remember of tasting it... smile

3. profile image0
    RookerySpoonerposted 5 years ago

My favourite homemade soup is thick country vegetable.  I use, carrots, potatoes, onions, celery, mushrooms, peppers, sweetcorn, parsnips, and whatever else is to hand.  Boil them with enough water, then add seasoning of salt, pepper, mixed herbs and a few stock cubes.  Sometimes, when it is cooked, I put it through a blender to turn it into broth.

4. 2uesday profile image87

I prefer vegetable soup, its the healthy choice. I use some of the veggies we grow in soups. I do n't like eating processed meat, too many chemical preservatives in it.

1. Pearldiver profile image86
      Pearldiverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Instinctively I feel that you were right about this one. I believe this thread and the other 5 are merely starters for a clumsy and predictable main course of Spam Soup! yikes

We've seen it too many times before, haven't we?  roll

1. Sally's Trove profile image98
        Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol

2. profile image0
        Home Girlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What spam are you talking about?  I have enough of it in my email. Do I have to taste it in my soup too? big_smile
        Here is the good one:
        Lots of chopped mushrooms, raw, not canned.
        Barley  - put it in cold water with some salt in it and cook it first with some chopped onions, couple of bay leaves. it takes appr. 20 minutes to cook barley.
        Then add chopped musrooms, chopped celery if you like, diced carrots.
        Bring to a boil, simmer for 5 minutes, add diced potatoes (one or two), ten minutes more. Remove from the heat, sprinkle with black pepper,chopped green onions or dill, add a table spoon of sour cream in your bowl and enjoy it. It will be thick, nourishing due to barley and very mushroomy, so you have to LOVE mushrooms. And you do not need any spam in it, it will fill you up. You can put lots of mushrooms but be careful with barley - it expands when you cook it, same as rice. You can even skip salt if you like, it will be tasty still due to mushrooms, or add some other dry spices instead, make sure with all natural ingredients and no sugar!

1. Pearldiver profile image86
          Pearldiverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh Great!!!

But.... I'm sure that I got this one in my Emails Last Week! smile

5. 2uesday profile image87

Pre-emptive, really. The soups sound good though, so some good came from it. smile

working