jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

One recipe per hub or multiple variations?

1. CyclingFitness profile image92
    CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago

Have you found that you having multiple similar recipes in a hub helps with the number of views and likelihood of linking from other sources?

Or does the extra information confuse people?

1. Xenonlit profile image62
      Xenonlitposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I do a lot of recipies with variations because a lot of dishes are done with different twists.

I eat some meat, but that does not mean that the vegetarians can't enjoy many of the same dishes without the meat.

Otherwise, it doesn't make sense to do multiple and different recipes when each one can be a new hub.

2. QuestionMaster profile image90
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

I think it's better to go with one recipe per hub.

Why? Well more traffic for one thing!

If you have a hub titled "Ten Turkey Recipes" then that's just one main keyword. However if you have a hub for each, such as "Stuffed Tofu Turkey", "Turkey with rice" etc, you can get ranked for ten times as many keywords, giving ten times as much chance of getting traffic.

If you have trouble filling up the word count, consider adding things like where you got the recipe or its history, variations on it, etc

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

One recipe per Hub can make for some very thin and unproductive content.

1. QuestionMaster profile image90
      QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

True. There are some pretty badly written ones out there.

However it's possible to make a hub about one recipe and make it quite in depth. There are so many different parts of a recipe that can be talked about, especially if the ingredients aren't that common or there is a story attached to the recipe.

4. Wmod514 profile image60
    Wmod514posted 5 years ago

I think it depends...you can do one per hub if you have a main entree, appetizer or dessert with a story, technique etc....I only do multiples if a recipe is short or they can be combined, for example, Dessert Toppings, Glazes and Sauces etc...

5. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Cycling,

Here's a fairly new hub from Patty Inglish, as an example. smile

http://pattyinglishms.hubpages.com/hub/ … am-Recipes

1. CyclingFitness profile image92
      CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Cagsil

One recipe in that hub would have potentially made the hub very sparse indeed!

Do American's class Cayenne and French Vanilla as Chritmassy?

working