jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Baking Bread

1. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago

HELP!!!!  I need someone to come to my house and teach me how to make bread!!!  I tried to do it the traditional way and it doesn't come out right.  I even bought bread machine and it still doesn't come out right and I follow the directions!  Someone teach me how to make bread.....
    This is driving me crazy.  OK I am a perfectionist and sorry about the whine!  Seriously I want to make bread that will rise and be like the ones you get in the store.  I got Bread Flour and I got all kinds of flour now but I still can't get my bread to come out the same everytime.
    What is the secret?

2. Shalini Kagal profile image80
    Shalini Kagalposted 7 years ago

The secret's in the proving and the kneading smile
    Make sure your yeast works - if it's dry yeast, put it into a bit of warm water with some sugar added and wait for 15 minutes till it starts bubbling. Then follow the recipe and put it into the bread maker - hint: tastes better if you knead, prove, knead, stand it for awhile and bake it!

1. Lady Guinevere profile image60
      Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much.  I was wondering if I could get the yeast to rise before adding it.  My bread machine does it all--mixes, needs, stand to rise and then bakes.  I wil definitely try the wetting the yeast first.

3. 60
    jams001posted 7 years ago

thanks for that kind of useful idea...now i know how to make an bread

Programmable Thermostat