jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Meals For Bodybuilding or gaining muscle in general

1. David 470 profile image86
    David 470posted 4 years ago

I am currently in a bulking phase where I am trying to gain muscle. While many of the foods I eat contain a lot of protein, they also have a lot of fat.

I eat these chicken nuggets that have 10 grams of protein per serving, but also have 15 grams of fat! The same goes for the macaroni and cheese I eat -- has a lot of protein, but more fat than protein.

I also eat whole grain cereal, wheat bread, yogurt, 1% milk, and steak. These foods have much less fat, but not as much protein and calories (needed to gain strength and muscle)

Can anyone recommend healthy meals to gain muscle a healthier way? I'm thinking about taking whey protein with other whole foods like bread, cereal, steak, or chicken breast. 

Whey is cheaper and does not have a lot of fat in it. But I still need whole food to get my carbs.

1. rcrm89 profile image77
      rcrm89posted 4 years ago in reply to this

With whey protein you can make:

Weight Gain shakes - combine choc whey protein + peanut butter + milk + bananas + honey
      Fruit smoothies - combine protein and your fruits of choice + skim milk
      Homemade Protein Bars - there are tons of recipes online
      Proats - mix protein powder with cooked oats and add any toppings you like
      Protein Pancakes - check out one of my breakfast recipes hub for a good recipe

Chicken or steak can be grilled with a marinade of your choice and served with rice/yams and steamed vegetables, stirfried with vegetables and rice/noodles, in a soup with noodles and vegetables, used in an asian curry and served with rice, minced and used to make burgers etc.

Yoghurt can be had with cereal or muesli and fresh fruit, frozen yogurt with your toppings of choice - Chobani do a great high protein greek yoghurt.

There are lots of options - don't get bored!

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Bah! Tell me when you find the secret!

I just had my second baby and after two months I'm skinnier than I was six months after my first. It's not uncommon for strangers to make comments about me looking anorexic even though I eat like a horse.

I hate protein shakes though, tried them but they taste TERRIBLE! Need something that tastes better than that and works!

1. David 470 profile image86
      David 470posted 4 years ago in reply to this

The protein shakes I have are not too bad. (Body Fortress brand) Not sure if they have them where u live or not.

1. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Will have to have a look, thanks!

3. Jeppi profile image60
    Jeppiposted 4 years ago

Yoghurt with whey added and maybe a bit of muesli or oats... Eggs.. Tuna.. Chicken breast.. Meat in general.. Fish.. Different kind of cheeses! The choices are unlimited Mate!