Real Butter Option for Movie Theatre Popcorn?

1. 4FoodSafety profile image86
    4FoodSafetyposted 4 years ago

I just heard the charcoal marks at the fast food places are "painted" on.

I enjoy the movie theater tremendously but the butter doesn't taste like real butter and yet there is never an option.

Any one else, willing to pay a premium to have real butter on their movie theater popcorn?

1. Leroyworld profile image60
      Leroyworldposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't think the option would make a difference to me.  The prices at movie theaters are too high for me to pay as it is.  In fact, the experience of going to a theater is no longer worth the price they have to charge to stay in business.  A DVD, or download, and making my own popcorn gets me a better group of people and some cash left over.

On a side note, back in the day I was working at Burger King, they got their grill marks using a chain conveyor belt that would take frozen patties through an 800 degree flame.  My first position was to stand at one end and place the patties on the conveyor belt.  Someone else put them into a steam holder until the guy assembling the burger was ready.  Technically, those are not paints grill marks; but, I don't see much of a difference, even though Burger King can honestly say they don't paint grill marks on their burgers. 

If you are referring to what food stylists do, that's why the ads never look like the actual products.  Special effects.

2. 4FoodSafety profile image86
    4FoodSafetyposted 4 years ago

Oh, how I wish the food labels would tell me when my food is prepared for "special effects". Thank you so much for sharing the reality. That really helps but your way sounds more appetizing than painting on the grill marks.