jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Illegal recipe?

1. ptosis profile image78
    ptosisposted 4 years ago

So I thought I could put up a recipe for cold noodle soup that involves pure mustard oil. But I must've bought the only two bottles in Arizona. I told my friend, I couldn't find any more. He told me the reason why was that the bottle I had bought came from North Korea and the USA doesn't have trade relations with N. Koreans who are the only ones that make something that hot. ( and yes - it's very hot)

I went huh?  My friend is so dramatic. Well it's been a year - and I wanted to make some more - but I can't find Hot Dressing Oil 유성겨자, imported from Rhee Bros.

My friend suggested to look up "pure mustard oil" on Amazon, I checked out Ebay and there was a lot of pure mustard oil - as a skin rub. I went, huh? Hot mustard oil for the skin - didn't make sense.....

Hah! Now I know why! I could've given my friend a heart attack from this stuff!

" ...bottles of pure mustard oil sold in the United States must bear a warning: “For external use only.” Since the mid-1990s, the Food and Drug Administration has banned the import or sale of pure mustard oil as a foodstuff. Some mustard oils are 20 to 40 percent erucic acid, which studies have indicated might cause heart problems in lab rats." - http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/02/dinin … d-oil.html

I remember one time when I made my cold noodles way-too-hot. I wish I had a camera ready - it would've gone viral:

I left my bowl of cold noodles on the counter, (a single noodle made me cry) and I was sleeping on the couch. I awoke to the sound of distress when my friend decided to take a huge mouthful of the noodles and shoved it into his mouth. The noodles were half way into his mouth and his eyes were bugging out, shaking his head - he looked like squid face Davy Jones.

Looking back at it now - I guess I really could've gave him a heart attack from my cooking.

I can't use the recipe for the contest - it really needs to be the super hot mustard oil - so here it is:

1/2 teaspoon Hot Dressing Oil 유성겨자, Rhee Bros
    1/2 teaspoon Mongolian Fire Oil, Melting Pot Foods
    1/2 teaspoon Kadoya Pure Sesame Oil
    3 tablespoons Bangkok Padang Peanut Sauce, House of Tsang
    4 tablespoons Stir Fry Sauce (garlic & ginger), Q & B Foods
    Spaghetti, 2 servings of noodles cooked, rinsed, room temp

don't put in fridge - it thickens up. meant to be outside on a hot day.

Eat at your own risk, sort of like that poisonous fish that the Japanese  use for sushi.

1. Brandon Martin profile image76
      Brandon Martinposted 4 years ago

lol you're funny, but the recipe sounds interesting

ptosisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I bought some pure mustard oil off of Ebay last night (listed as massage oil), meanwhile, I used the Chinese very hot mustard

Not hot enough so I put a tweensy weensy itty bit amount of bhut powder into it.

I've been having a runny nose now for 18 hours. It's hot, but not quite the same, and I really hate having this runny nose.

Bhut is almost like mace - can buy it off Ebay but  - be warned little grasshopper - suggest using rubber glove on handling the stuff. Treat it like nitro.

2. 0
      jenuboukaposted 4 years ago

My, I know it is not funny, but at the same time I can only imagine the pain this ingredient caused and oh how I wish you did catch a photo! 
      I would so try it.

ptosisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I am a bit evil. I was tired of people on the street trying to suck up my vodka drink so I made a "Honolulu Habanero Venomous Vodka" - and these alcoholics still drank it, so I made a second stronger batch, and all my past victims became my cohorts for more victims. And then I made and even stronger 3rd batch with an actual warning on the bottle in case somebody actually did have a heart attack.

after that, nobody asked for my drink anymore, hehehehehehehehehehehhehehhe.

Here's the 1st of 3 videos on "Honolulu Habanero Venomous Vodka" 09.23.2008

1. 0
          jenuboukaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oooohhhhh.....you are sooooo evil. But so very clever. Thanks for this link, I am headed there now; need a good laugh!