French Beans Recipe Cooking Techniques
Hey friends, I learned preparing French beans recipe in two styles from my wife especially for the month of June in order to present my recipe in this contest. Believe me both styles are unique and different and the taste is awesome. Thanks to my wife. I love her for the good food she makes for us.
French Beans Recipe Cooking Technique 1:
- Cut the beans finely and some ginger, garlic, and onions also.
- Heat refined oil in a pan and put in some asafetida (hing), mustard seeds, red chillies, curry leaves, little whole black gram and let it splutter.
- Now add the chopped ginger, garlic, and onions and then the beans too.
- Stir fry for 2 minuets and then put in the turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Then add some pepper powder and cover and cook.
- It should not be overcooked and should be a bit crunchy in texture.
- Now garnish with lots of scraped coconut and lime juice and serve hot.
French Beans Recipe Cooking Technique 2 with Garlic and Dried Spices
- Chop the French beans into 1 cm pieces. Pressure cook for 1 whistle in some water.
- Drain and keep aside. Heat some oil.
- Add lots of garlic, some ginger, green chillies and dried spices, like corainder powder, jeera powder (cumin seed powder), amchoor (green mango into a fine powder), turmeric (haldi) and salt for taste.
- Add the drained beans, and stir fry for a few minutes.
- I usually slightly mash the beans. It is ready to eat.
- We usually make this with thick chapattis made from rice flour.
For the rice flour chapattis, I take rice flour, add a bit of atta (wheat flour) to it together with salt and a bit of oil, and knead it with water to make a soft dough. Then I roll it out between two pieces of cloth and transfer to a hot tawa that is slightly greased. After turning over once, add a bit of oil or ghee and cook for a few minutes more on each side. These chapattis are a little thicker than normal chapattis and are very tasty too.
Another version of the above French beans recipe can be created by removing the amchoor and instead adding pureed tomatoes or tomato puree available in grocery stores. This gives a more "wet" recipe.
The art of cooking and culinary does not comes on your own. You need to work hard and practice each and every day to make awesome lip-smacking mouth-watering dishes. I know a lot of women in India who have acquired the art of cooking from their mothers but some have built this art and have become an expert in cooking by their own hard work and practice. My wife is one of those people who make excellent dishes. She is an expert in making vegetarian dishes like rajmah chawal and bitter melon dish and also non-vegetarian dishes like keema mutton and lemon chicken.She has not joined any cooking communities or forums. She knows how to make the same veggies and non-veg dishes in so many different ways and she just loves making different styles of food. I will coming up with new and delicious recipes especially from my wife.
More by this Author
It's summertime and very hot inside. So let us make some amazing drinks to cool ourselves out to beat the heat...
Milk and dairy products have a big role in cooking because milk products are added in various recipes and cooking preparations such as sauces, creams, ice cream, fruit creams, etc. Also, if you want to prepare a royal...
In very simple terms, PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a genetic problem with various hormonal manifestations. It presents with a rainbow of symptoms, including: difficulty losing weight, a tendency to gain...