How To Make A Simple and Delicious Fruit Cake!
Cakes cater to the taste of the young and adult alike. Personally I prefer having a slice of cake and a cup of warm tea on a rainy day -- tastes like heaven right then I tell you! This page is all about how to make a sweet little fruit cake as simply and as delicious as possible. It’s a must try and it’s sure to leave you craving for more.
The fruit cake mentioned here freezes well and takes about 20 minutes to prepare.
Cooking takes an additional 2 hours. If you don’t want to use soya milk or lemon in this cake, you can replace these ingredients with sour milk instead.
350 g plain wholemeal flour
1 tsp mixed spice
1 ½ tsps bicarbonate of soda
175 g margarine
175 g demerara sugar (natural brown sugar)
175 g currants
½ pint soya milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
How To Bake A Fruit Cake - The Steps
1. First, sift the flour, spice and bicarbonate of soda together into a large bowl.
2. Rub in margarine until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Add the sugar, currants and sultanas.
4. Mix the milk and lemon juice together. Then, add the dry ingredients.
5. Mix well to form a dropping consistency
6. Leave the mixture overnight.
7. Turn into a prepared tin (25 cm x 12 cm/10 x 5 inch tin).
8. Bake in oven at 160 degrees C for 2 hours.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- Top 10 Lip Smacking Photos of Sandwiches
Some really yummy sandwich photos. Want to try them out as well? No problem, the recipe link is provided below each photo. Feeling too lazy to cook? Then you can try one of these recipes out. They're lip smacking and do their job pretty well of satia
More by this Author
If you are on the lookout for some new breakfast recipes - why not try one of these South Indian delicacies? They are healthy, easy-to-make, and super delicious!
Yummy Indian Desserts That You Will Surely Love!
Yummy kebabs along with their recipes.