Fudge Suprise - A fudgetastic cupcake recipe
Ingredients for Cake Mix
- 170g Sugar
- 170g Flour, Seived
- 170g Butter, Room temperature
- 3 Medium Eggs
Ingredients for Cake Topping and Centre (Optional)
- 1 tub of Mascarpone cheese
- Icing sugar
- Toffee or fudge sauce
- Fudge pieces
- Vanilla essence
- 2 mixing bowls - for the cake mix and the topping
- Scales to measure your ingredients out
- Baking tray and 12 larger sized cupcakes cases
- A mixing spoon
- An oven (Obviously :P)
- The first thing you would want to do is measure all your ingredients out before you start anything as this will make it more organised.
- What I do is put the oven on before I start to make them, this will ensure that the oven has heated up to the right temperature when you go to put them in. If you have a fan oven you will need to put it on about 200 degrees or gas mark 6.
- Start by adding your already measured butter into a mixing bowl. Cream the butter so it is soft. Add the sugar bit by bit to the butter and keep mixing until all the sugar has been added.
- Next you will need to add your eggs. Add them one by one and mix thoroughly in between doing so.
- After you've added the eggs it's time to add the flour. It is optional to sieve the flour. Add the flour bit by bit and make sure it is fully incorporated.
- When you have mixed all the ingredients together you should have a cake mixture, if it too thick you can add a little bit of water which won't affect the cooking process. Evenly measure out the mixture into the 12 cases, they should be about 3/4 full. This will create a dome shape when the cakes have been baked.
- Place the cupcakes into the oven carefully and they should take 15-20 minutes, but always keep an eye on them still. To check that they have finished baking, either get a toothpick or a knife and place into the middle of the cupcake, if it is clean then they are done! The cupcakes should be light, fluffy and spongy. Leave them to cool and you can get on with the topping.
Intstructions for the centre
- This part is also optional but I recommend as it tastes beautiful
- All you have to do for the centre of the cupcakes is wait til they have cooled, then takes a small knife and cut out a cone shape from the top of your cupcake. Repeat for all 12
- Next take your toffee/fudge sauce and pour/spoon it into the middle and then replace the top of the cake.
- After you have done this for all 12, then you can add the macarpone fudge topping.
Instructions for the topping
- This part all depends on how much topping you want on your cakes. Take the mascarpone (They usually come in tubs) I normally use half to start with and you can always add more if you need it. Mix it until soft.
- Next take your icing sugar, this doesn't need to be measured as I said before it all depends on what you like. Add a fair amount of icing sugar to the mascarpone and mix well. Keep adding the icing sugar until it's to your taste.
- Now you will need your vanilla extract add 1-2 teaspoons to give it that subtle vanilla taste.
- I also added a little of fudge/toffee sauce to the mixture but this is optional.
- If you have done it right the topping shouldn't be too runny, it should be quite thick, so it doesn't run off the cake.
- After you have added the topping to the cupcake you can then add the fudge pieces (optional) and then they are ready eat! Enjoy :D
More by this Author
An interesting article on how you could earn money from making products from recycling junk or to make for your own personal use at home!