Georgian Cheese Pastries
Rich Pastry Treat
Rich Georgian cheese pastries are a pastry treat rich which three different cheeses that melt in your mouth. This is a great appetizer and a nice dessert to finish off a meal. Georgian cuisine in part has been influenced by Middle Eastern and European culinary traditions. Dishes use a lot of various herbs and spices. Mint, parsley and chives add to this tasty pastry.
Rich Georgian Cheese Pastries
Ingredients for Pastry:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup plus 2 T unsalted, not melted butter
1/4 cup cold water
Ingredients for Cheese Filling:
1 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup mozzarella shredded cheese
3 T parmesan grated cheese
2 T chopped mint
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 T chopped chives
Directions for Pastry:
1. Place flour, cream of tartar, salt, and butter in food processor or blender. Mix until texture is of a coarse meal. Add water.
2. Continue mixing in the blender until combined. Mixture will begin to mass together. Place on plastic wrap, flatten to a disk, and wrap airtight. Refrigerate at least 1 hour and can be refrigerated for 30 days.
3. After dough has been refrigerated, roll it out on a floured surface to 1/8" thickness. Use 3” round cookie cutter and cut out the circle shapes from the dough. Keep rerolling scraps until dough is completely cut out. Pleat edges of circles and fit in bottom of muffin tins.
Directions for Filling:
Beat egg in bowl. Add the three cheeses, mint, parsley, and chives. Mix well.
Reading for baking:
1. Preheat oven at 425'F.
2. Spoon 2 teaspoons filling in each pastry shell; spread level. This can be prepared up to 3 hours ahead of baking time and refrigerated.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the filling is golden brown and the pastry begins to color. Remove from tins and allow cooling on rack. Serve warm. 24 Servings
Recipes From Around the World
Bring the exotic tastes of other countries into your home with Recipes from around the World. You don't have to travel the world to get a taste of international cuisine.
With “Recipes From Around The World”, you can open your mind and treat your taste buds to a world of fine cuisine-without leaving home!
Two large ebooks with over 500 tasty recipes just in volume one, include countries like Germany, Greece, Ireland, France and Russia. Tasty recipes like, Galantine Of Chicken from France, Greek Stifado With Feta Cheese Crust, Esterhazy Rostbraten (Beef Sirloin A La Esterhazy) from Germany, Real Irish Stew and Basturma (Georgian Pomegranate Marinated Grilled Lamb) from Russia.
Find many healthy and tasty cheese pastry recipes in this collection of mouth watering recipe ebooks. Read more on Recipes From Around The World
The copyright to this article is owned by Sandy Mertens (sandyspider). Permission to republish this article in print or online must be granted by the author in writing. (You can, however, freely use the opening introduction and photo with a link to the article here on HubPages to read the remainder of the article.)
Some Recipe Hubs
- Bean and Onion Salad with Health Benefits
Ingredients: 1/4 cup apple juice 1/2 medium size onion, chopped 1 red onion, sliced 2 medium size carrots, chopped 2 stalks celery, sliced 1/3 cup vinegar 1/2 cup water 1 T sugar ...
- Black Forest Coffee Recipe and More
Remember the day when you ordered a cup of coffee and that is just what it was. Fresh ground brewed coffee or if you werent so lucky, instant coffee. Not that the taste of instant coffee is bad, but it...
- Cheddar and Ham Cheesecake
Often when you think of cheesecake, you think of dessert. There is nothing better than a creamy smooth rich Cherry Cheesecake. But what you might not know is cheesecake can be for breakfast too. OK, I...
- Chicken Teriyaki
If you are into Japanese food, then this is a great tasting and easy to make recipe that your family will enjoy. It serves a family of four. I have had this recipe for years. The serving sizes are a little...
- Potato Casseroles
I love to cook. I am one of those cooks who often create her own recipe without even writing it down. This irritates people who would like a copy of one of my homemade recipes. Then I have to think the...
- Chinese Chicken Breast with Garlic
Ingredients for chicken: 4 boneless, skinned chicken breast halves 1 Tablespoon cornstarch 1 Tablespoon white grape juice 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion 1/2 thinly sliced green or red pepper 1 egg...
- Stuffed Bell Peppers
Ingredients: 6 large bell peppers (green, red or yellow) 1 lb ground beef 1 small onion, finely diced 1 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon oregano 1/2 teaspoon sage 1/2...
Who Cut the Cheese?
Recipes and Gifts
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken noodle soup has long been known as one of the best healthy comfort foods. When we think of chicken noodle soup, we feel emotionally secure. It is what our mother had given us when we were sick with a cold. Or even with the flu.
© 2010 Sandy Mertens
More by this Author
Do you burn up or begin hiccuping while eating jalapeno peppers? Then you may very well be allergic to these. The best way is to avoid the peppers altogether.