German's Chocolate Is Not German Chocolate
the most notable recipes associated with German Chocolate is The German Chocolate
Cake. When it comes to science and technological advancement Germany may be a leader
in the field- culinary skills of the German kitchen however, leave little to be
desired. Therefore it comes as no surprise that the German Chocolate cake has no origins
in German Kitchen at all. German Chocolate Cake was in fact made famous by Sam
German. An American who developed the Bakers brand Chocolate for baking in
1852. One of the first cake recipes usingBakers German's Chocolate was published in A
Dallas Newspaper in 1957.¹ Since then the recipe became known as German Chocolate Cake. The ommission of the 's' resulting in a false sense of origin.
¹. http://www.myhomecooking.net/german-chocolate-cake/. Accessed 29.10.2010.
German Chocolate in Germany
Despite this revelation some German chocolate made in Germany are worthy competitors among Chocolate Connoisseurs, giving Belgian and Swiss chocolates some stiff completion. Dark Chocolate is especially popular in Germany, and it is common practice to enjoy chocolate after dinner or as a treat but especially as gifts to loved ones. Listed below are some of the most popular labels of German Chocolate.
Mozart Chocolate is most famous for their Mozartkugeln (Mozart Ball). The first Mozart ball was made in 1890 by Paul Fürst. Apart from it taste the Mozart Ball is popular from its name and association with Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
Mozart Balls today are manufactured by Reber.
- Asbach Dates back to 1892 and is the maker of many fine consumables.
- Asbach Chocolates are chocolate pralines which most often contain alcohol fillings. This makes for a sensuous aperitif.
- Official website: http://www.asbach.de
- Fedora is the name of Princess Fedora, the sister of the last Empress of Germany.
- Fedora signature is the brand logo found on Feodora Chocolate products. This is both a sign of the quality of Fedora Chocolates as well as a symbol of Feodora's approval of the products.
- Fedora chocolates include range of dark chocolates, pralines and seasonal novelty chocolate items.
- Hachez prides itself on being one of the few chocolate makers who still maintain the traditional ways of making chocolates. This involves roasting of the cocoa beans at their own facilities rather than importing them. Hachez Chocolate GmbH & Co was established by Joseph Emile Hachez, a chocolate of Belgian origin in 1890.
- Hachez also caters for the international market with a variety of product inspired by the global kitchen. Chocolate products includes chocolate bars and Chez Hachez Chocolate cups ranging from hot and spicy to sweet and sour and a few classic German dark chocolate varieties.
- Official Website: http://www.hachez.de
- Ritter Sort is one of the younger German Chocolatiers opening its doors in 1912.Riter sport is internationally renowned andrecognized by its primary square shape.
- Ritter Sort Bars come in sizes 100g, 250g and mini bars.
- Official Site: http://www.rittersport.de
Where to Buy German Chocolate Online
If you are afan of German Chocolate then you can find all of the chcoate treats available online.
Which is Your Favorite Chocolate?See results without voting
More about Germany By Kids Toy Box
- Berlin Festival of Lights
Despite the onset of Gloomy Winter weather approaching, one event to look forward to in Berlin every October is the Festival of Lights. Not to be confused with the festival of lights (Deepavali) celebrated...