Gluten Free Burger Recipe
Gluten Free Burgers
Being gluten free doesn't have to mean missing out on foods that you previously enjoyed prior to being gluten intolerant or becoming a celiac. You don't even have to put up with the pre-packed gluten free foods that can sometimes have no correlation with their gluten filled counterparts, not if you're prepare to get creative in the kitchen.
This gluten free burger recipe was devised by me as I live a gluten free life due to being a celiac. It's a simple recipe that takes little time to prepare or cook. If you want a moist, juicy burger packed full of flavor, this gluten free burger delivers!
As with all gluten free recipes, make sure that hands are washed prior to any handling of food and that all equipment used and surfaces are clean and gluten free.
Gluten Free Burger Equipment
Here's what you'll need to make these delicious gluten free burgers:
- A large container with a flat bottom or a food processor. Don't bother with a mixing bowl as it will make one of the steps much harder and more time consuming.
- A mini mixer or food processor. You can use a grater as I used to, but it's not only time consuming, but you don't get as good results. The texture of these burgers is half of what makes them great.
- A frying pan. This gluten free burger recipe uses frying as the method of cooking, you could of course grill them. I fry them in oil to get a hint of extra flavor.
- Burger press or egg rings. You can go freestyle with your gluten free burgers, but if you want even cooking times, they need to be the same size.
- Spoon, spatula and fork. One for getting the burger mix into the press or ring and one to flip them! You don't need the fork if you're using a food processor.
- Kitchen paper. To remove any excess oil from the burgers.
Gluten Free Oyster Sauce
"No junk, just 100% natural ingredients. No MSG, no sodium benzoate, no gluten, no modified corn starch. We even use evaporated cane juice rather than sugar" From honestfoods.com
Gluten Free Burger Ingredients
- 500g Pork Mince
- 1 Large Onion
- 4 Good Sized Garlic Cloves
- 4 Tablespoons Gluten Free Oyster Sauce
- Garlic Salt
- Sesame Oil
How To Make Gluten Free Burgers
This is really easy to do, I'm going to explain the methods I use, but if you have a food processor, skip to step 2:
- Place the pork mince into a flat bottomed container and with a fork, press down and drag the mince so that it ends up as a smooth mixture. You want to get rid of any mince strands as this makes the burger texture really smooth.
- Chop the onion and peel the garlic and place in the mini mixer. You want it to end up as a smooth paste, no lumps!
- Pour the onion and garlic paste into the smooth pork and mix evenly.
- Add the gluten free oyster sauce and garlic salt and mix again.
- Your pork should now be brown instead of pink, if there are any pink bits left keep mixing until the color is even.
- Place in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
- Place enough sesame oil into a frying pan so that the bottom is covered.
- Heat on high.
- Once the oil is hot, place your egg ring into the pan and spoon the gluten free burger mix in. Make sure that the ring is filled and pressed compactly so that the burger mix binds.
- After a few seconds, remove the egg ring.
- Repeat until you have no room left in the pan.
- Cook on high for 6 - 8 minutes then turn.
- Cook for a further 6 - 8 minutes then remove from the pan and place on kitchen paper.
Tried and Tested
This isn't a burger recipe just for people on gluten free diets, gluten eaters enjoy these burgers too. These gluten free burgers are packed full of flavor, they're moist and they keep well in the fridge for reheating a day or two later.
This is a great recipe for people with little time to cook. You can make the gluten free burger mix in the morning then cook them in the evening. It takes less than 20 minutes to cook as an evening meal.
Gluten free recipes don't have to be boring!
More by this Author
If you are looking for herbal remedies to ease a hangover here's some great tips to help you out. A natural remedy tip is salt and vinegar crisps, they work!
The Sun newspaper Page 3 girls have been around since the late 60's but they only became a daily feature in 1975. Read about the history and evolution.
Working to get yourself beautiful skin isn't that hard, especially once you see the results. Here's my 4 step guide on how to get the best body skin ever.