Gluten Free Dessert Recipe - Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
© All Rights Reserved
This peanut-butter cookie recipe is great for........
People who suffer from celiac disease, gluten sensitivity or wheat allergy - These peanut butter cookies are absolutely gluten-free and wheat-free.
People who are lactose intolerant - The recipe doesn't require any milk products. It is 100% dairy free.
Beginning bakers - There's nothing difficult about this gluten free dessert. No electric mixer or fancy kitchen gadgets are necessary. You only need 4 simple ingredients, an oven, a baking sheet, a couple measuring tools, a bowl, a fork and some love for baking!
Impatient chefs - This cookie recipe takes less than 20 minutes for prepping and baking. That's not too bad at all, eh?
Peanut butter lovers! - If you're a peanut butter fanatic, you probably have had various types of peanut butter cookies. This gluten-free version, I guarantee, is absolutely worth a try.
And.....Anyone who has a sweet tooth and doesn't hate peanut butter - Just because it's a diet-restricted recipe doesn't mean these peanut butter cookies would taste less yummy or have an odd texture. Share these goodies with your friends and they wouldn't even be able to tell they're gluten-free. Your party guests, whether they're trying to avoid gluten or not, would enjoy these cookies all the same.
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies - Ingredients (for about 16 - 20 cookies)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup peanut butter (I use creamy peanut butter, but feel free to experiment with the chunky version if you like.)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (Brown sugar is my personal preference. White sugar will probably work just as nicely in this recipe, though.)
- 2 tbsps rice flour
***Most brands of peanut butter are gluten-free. To be sure, however, always read the labels to see if there are any gluten-containing ingredients. To find out what gluten-containing ingredients are, visit my article, Gluten Free Shopping Tips.***
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies - Super Easy Preparation
- Preheat an oven to 350° F.
- Put egg, sugar and peanut butter into a large bowl.
- Mix together with a fork.
- Add rice flour and continue to mix until well-blended.
- Drop tablespoons of batter onto a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Bake for about 10 - 15 minutes or until the edges turn brown
- Remove from the oven and allow your peanut butter cookies to cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Details for One Cookie
More by this Author
A delicious gluten-free cornbread recipe with demonstration video, pictures and nutrition information.
This is a gluten-free bread recipe that you'll find hard to resist. No yeast. No kneading. No hassle. Doesn't that make baking sound a lot more fun?
A list and detailed discussion of self-employed tax deductions that many taxpayers might overlook!
Comments 38 comments
****These nutrition details were calculated on the iPhone app, MyFitnessPal.****