Great Banana Bread Recipe
Recipe for Banana Bread
This recipe produces a delicious banana bread loaf that's crunchy on the outside, and soft and chewy on the inside. It makes an yummy breakfast treat or a between-meal snack. Perfect for family gatherings and other special occasions. You can either mash or chop the bananas used in this recipe, depending on your preference.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Makes: 1 loaf
1 cup sugar
1/2 cups butter (melted)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup sour cream
2 medium bananas (sliced)
1. Be sure to preheat your oven to a temperature of 350°F (175°C), and grease a 9 inch loaf pan with butter or margarine.
2. Stir the sugar and butter together in a large mixing bowl, then add the vanilla and eggs, mixing them in well.
3. Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together, then combine this with the butter blend and stir the two mixtures together until smooth.
4. Fold the walnuts, sour cream and bananas into the dough and spread it evenly into the prepared bread pan.
5. Bake it in the preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for a period of 60 minutes, then allow the loaf to cool in the pan before transferring the bread to a wire rack to cool further.
Notes & Tips
-In step 5, if you are not sure if the bread is fully cooked, simply insert a toothpick into the centre of the loaf and examine it. If it comes out clean, the bread is done. If not, it needs to bake further.
-Begin checking the loaf at 50 minutes. It will cook at different speeds in different ovens.
-Store the banana bread at room temperature covered with saran wrap or tinfoil.
-If you'd rather use mashed bananas instead of chopped ones, mash 2 (or 3 if you want a strong flavour) and beat them into the mixture along with the eggs and vanilla in step 2. This will result in a smoother texture.
-Add chocolate chips to the mixture when folding in step 4 to add extra sweetness to this treat.
-If you have no sour cream, feel free to use plain Greek yoghurt instead.
More by this Author
This spaghetti carbonara recipe is quick and easy to follow, and is perfect for those just learning to cook. The recipe guides you through the process of making carbonara, and provides helpful hints and tips, too.
This recipe for strawberry cheesecake is quick, straightforward, and incredibly simple to follow. It's a great recipe for beginners to attempt. Also included is a short recipe for strawberry sauce, which goes great with...
I've put together a simple guide to the city of Dublin and the top ten attractions there.