Halloween Style Deviled Eggs
No trick here, just a delicious treat.
Try something a bit different this Halloween for the older goblins in your family.You'll have a devilish good time making these and maybe offer to some of the Moms and Dads that are out with the little ones. The treat is a deviled egg that is also dressed up for Halloween. Here is how to make your Halloween Deviled Eggs and there was even a photo of these online. I borrowed this recipe from my brother and have a great time making them. They are also really tasty!
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch celery salt or celery seed
- 1 tbsp prepared yellow mustard
- 2 green onions, finely minced
- 1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 drops blue food coloring, or as needed
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into small chunks
gel food coloring, as needed
1. Place 12 eggs into large pot of cold water. Bring to a rapid boil and boil for exactly 2 minutes. Shut off flame, cover pot and let sit for exactly 11 minutes
2. Drain eggs, run under cold water, until cool to the touch.
3. Peel eggs and cut in half, horizontally and scoop out the yolks into a glass bowl.
4. Mash the yolks until smooth, using a potato masher. (A fork will also work).
5. Add the mayo, mustards, celery salt, green onions, parsley flakes and salt to the mashed yolks and mix well.
6. Add a few drops of blue food coloring to get a green color to your yolks.
7. Spoon green yolk mixture into each white half of egg.
8. Place one black olive slice on top of each yolk filling. Add red pepper for the pupil, in the middle hole of the black olive slice.
9. Using a toothpick dipped in red food coloring gel, draw red veins on egg white's surface.
That is all there is to it. Keep these eggs chilled until it is time to serve. And I hear these eggs are especially good if eaten right at the stroke of midnight!. Happy Halloween, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
More by this Author
Sizzling, scrumptious steaks that will bombard your taste buds every time!
Can you just imagine biting into a juicy, moist burger and discovering a great surprise waiting for you inside the burger? This burger perfection will become your signature summer specialty!
Now you're cooking! Tis the season to not be thrifty, fa-la-la la-laaa-la-la-la-la. Before you know it, Christmas will be here. I like to use my prime rib recipe on Christmas day. However you can eat this delicious...