Healthy Pasta Primavera -- Pasta Primavera Recipe
Pasta That's Delicious And Healthy, Too
I'll admit, when I first tried whole wheat pasta, I hated it. I found it to be heavy, grainy and thought it tasted a bit like cardboard. However, after some trial and error with recipes, I discovered what worked for me, and what didn't.
Mac and cheese made with whole wheat pasta, for instance, just didn't taste right to me. It was too heavy and I felt as if I had a lump in my stomach after I ate it. This pasta primavera recipe, though, was just right. The zucchini, yellow squash and carrots are nice and crisp, and the margarine/garlic/olive oil/cheese topping is a lighter version of an Alfredo sauce (which I personally love).
This dish is perfect for serving guests, especially at lunch when they might not want something that's too filling. It's quick and easy to make, and best of all -- it's pretty! Something about the color combination of the vegetables just makes me happy; I always serve it in a colorful bowl to make its presentation even more attractive. And if you really don't like whole wheat pasta, regular pasta can be used instead. Feel free to add more garlic and veggies, too.
So the next time you're craving Fettucine Alfredo, try this recipe instead. You'll have the nice, creamy pasta you desire, but you'll be getting some vegetables in, as well.
How To Cook Perfect Pasta
Different Types Of Pasta
Ingredients For Pasta Primavera
8 oz dried whole wheat pasta (small shells, elbow pasta, spirals, penne, etc.)
1/2 cup zucchini, chopped
1/2 cup yellow squash, chopped
1/2 cup carrots, chopped
2 Tbsp light margarine
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
How To Make Whole Wheat Pasta Primavera
1. Cook pasta, according to the package directions. Drain and pour into a large bowl. Set aside.
2. On medium heat, saute the chopped vegetables in the olive oil and garlic until they're soft, but not mushy.
3. Add the veggies and margarine to the pasta. Mix in so that the vegetables are placed evenly throughout the dish.
4. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and mix in. Serve with some extra grated parmesan cheese on the side.
How To Cook Vegetables
More Recipes By NaomiR
- Tropical Salad: Low Fat Salad With Low Fat Salad Dressing
- Lasagna Recipe: Easy Cheesy Party Lasagna
- Rocky Road Pie -- Chocolate Pie Recipe
- Healthy Breakfast: Easy Low-Fat Egg Bake And Cheese
Start off your day with a low-fat breakfast! Here's a recipe for a healthy breakfast that's delicious, low-calorie and easy to make.
- Healthy Fried Rice -- Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe
- Macaroni And Cheese Recipe: Super Creamy Mac And Cheese
Macaroni and cheese makes a perfect picnic food or party dish. The mac and cheese recipe uses three cheeses and is extra creamy. Perfect for a Fourth of July party!
More by this Author
Making wire wrapped jewelry is a fun and useful skill. Here are tips on how to make jewelry and what tools are needed for wire wrapped earrings, wire wrapped necklaces and wire wrapped bracelets.
Homemade lasagna is delicious anytime! This lasagna recipe is for an amazing meatless lasagna.
Selling at craft fairs, craft shows and festivals is a fun way to make money. Here are tips to increase sales at craft fairs.