Holiday Pasta Carbonara:the PAUPER'S WAY
THE FRUGAL CHEF
Economy nowadays has not been that good. Finding a job that has once been easy is now tough. Having your guy love you back is like a dream that can never be a reality. Loosing weight is like a hopeless case. Earning big bucks fast through GOOGLE ADSENSE is like a miracle for us lately. Cooking enticing food they say will drill a hole in your pocket...Well...I beg to disagree! As long as you know how to cook and how to improvise with whatever you have inside your fridge, nothing is impossible at all!! If maximizer bra's can make wonders, so do I. Being a chef in crisis, I can make one helluva of exquisite dish courtesy of stocks and left-overs(well, not really those eewy-smelling left overs) @ home. If you are so into cooking, with only a few dimes to spare, anything is still possible.
This not a crap. I know...I tend to be exaggerated at times. I really go overboard specially when i get excited about something. Well, I hope you'll love my hub and my recipe ofcourse.
PASTA-COOKING TIPS FROM THE EXPERTS
- Cooking Pasta Correctly, How To Cook Pasta, Pasta Hints, Pata Tips, Pasta Etiquette
Cooking Pasta Correctly, Pasta Hints, Pata Tips, Pasta Etiquette
- Pasta with Basil, Tomatoes, and Feta - Just Add Pasta - Recipe Photos - MyRecipes.com
Pep up pasta night by relying on these one-skillet and no-cook pasta sauces. - MyRecipes.com
HOLIDAY PASTA CARBONARA THE PAUPER EDITION
According to surveys (my survey, that is), pasta is one of the most favorite dishes ever known to mankind. Well, that's another overstatement. Kids love pasta, that has always been part of the menu on every children's party. Most of us, if not all, prefer Italian cuisine, and pasta was just copied from Romans. So for those craving for pasta, let me give you a recipe on how to cook the classic carbonara spaghetti the cheap way, also best during holidays.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- ¼ Kilo bacon
- 5-8 slices of ham
- 1 pack spaghetti noodles (1 kilo)
- 1 can whole mushrooms
- 100-150 grams frozen green peas
- 2 whole eggs and 2 egg yolks
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small box parmessan cheese
- 2-3 pcs sage leaves, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 table spoon salt
Easy to find ingredients, right? Something that can be found at the comforts of your home. Just follow the easy cooking steps. Even novices can cook this humble dish.
good deals @ amazon
SO HOW DO I COOK IT?
- Heat the butter in a pan and put the bacon over medium heat. Add the chopped onions, then remove bacon and onions from heat once the bacon and onions are crispy. Then set it aside.
- Cook pasta according to the package direction. It's usually 10-11 minutes cooking time. Stir occasionally. Remove pasta when it's a la denté and drain with cold water. Let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- While cooling down the pasta noodles, boil 1 and ½ cups of water with 1 table spoon salt, and beat the eggs and egg yolks in a bowl then add the grated parmessan cheese. Beat it until they are already well combined.
- Put the evaporated milk on the boiling water, put the thin slices of mushroom and green peas, and pour the egg and cheese mixture onto the water. Put the chopped sage leaves. Let it boil for another 3-5 minutes then add the bacons and onions.
- Place the pasta on a serving plate and pour in accurate amount of white sauce, then add grated cheese as garnishing.
WELL, I HOPE YOU REALLY FOUND ALL THE INGREDIENTS INSIDE YOUR FRIDGE. C'MON!!! TRY IT NOW!
More by this Author
I don't know if you will agree with me, but I consider feet as the most worn-out parts of the body. Just imagine how heavy our bodies are which they carry to wherever we feel like going to, we drag our feet just about...
According to WIKKIPEDIA, Inferiority complex in the fields of psychology and psychoanalysis, is a feeling that one is inferior to others in some way. Such feelings can arise from an imagined or actual inferiority in the...
We want to always look fashionable whatever the season is. Magazines and websites will give you tips on what to wear and when to wear it. The most challenging part is finding an outfit during the rainy season. Here...