Recipe: Squash and Cassava Patties
In our present society, I can't help but to notice lots of people (from children, teens and adults) are what I see as 'big for their age' or what they called as "overweight" or "obese". Is this how the society will transform few more years down the road? I think this is how fast food restaurants will develop the next generations if they will continue what they are doing with the food they served...I'll let you ponder about it...
Anyway, we can do something about it, let's try alternatives that will not hit the waist line over and over. Here's another recipe from my mom's kitchen. Just like an ordinary patties, only much more healthy.
Here's the squash and cassava version of making patties:
- 2 cups squash, mashed
- 1 cup cassava, mashed
- 1 cup pork, ground
- 2 pcs egg, well beaten
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tsbp garlic, minced
- 2 tsbp flour
- salt and pepper
- tomato catsup
- Put the squash, cassava and the other ingredients together in a bowl except for the oil.
- Portion into small balls depending upon your preference. Slightly flatten the middle with spoon or spatula.
- Heat up the oil (use veg oil as much as possible) in the pan and fry them until golden brown then flip it over.
- When both sides are cooked, try some first so you can adjust the saltiness or spiciness according to your taste.
- Drain in a plate with paper towel and serve with tomato catsup or vinegar.
Squash and Cassava's fact sheet
More by this Author
Fan of Dragon Ball Series? Read to learn the origin of Kamehameha Wave!
sharing great messages...
Bored but having a tight budget? Want to experience splendid splashes and an extreme touch of nature? See if this is for you, your family and your friends...
No comments yet.