Healthy Diets: How Many Calories In Fruit
How Is Fruit Good For You?
Eating fruit is a not only a tasty alternative to high calorie food but it is healthy for you. Fruit has beneficial fiber and nutrients that keeps your body healthy. Fruit is a natural food that is fat-free and if you eat it you will feel better. Here are some other benefits to eating fruit:
- It is easy to prepare.
- Fruit contains mostly water.
- It is easy to digest.
- Natural food that is not processed by human.
- Contains a lot of fiber.
- Fruit is the best source for vitamins.
- Fruit has plenty of natural sugars.
- It can help you stay on a diet.
Fruit is reasonably priced and is a great value for your food dollar.
Just How Many Calories In Fruit Are There?
A calorie is a measure of the amount of energy in food. Fruit has calories. The following is a list of common fruit with the amount of calories in them.
Apple - 1 medium apple contains 80 calories.
Banana - 1 medium banana contains 100 calories.
Blueberries - 1 cup of blueberries contains 80 calories.
Cantaloupes - 1 cup contains 50 calories.
Cherries - 1 cup cherries contains 75 calories.
Grapefruit - 1/2 grapefruit contains 40 calories.
Grapes - 1 cup of grapes contains 60 calories.
Kiwi - 1 medium kiwi contains 50 calories.
Nectarine - 1 medium nectarine contains 70 calories.
Orange - 1 medium orange contains 70 calories.
Peach - 1 medium peach contains 40 calories.
Pear - 1 medium pear contains 100 calories.
Pineapple - 1 cup pineapple contains 80 calories.
Plum - 1 small plum contains 30 calories.
Raspberries - 1 cup of raspberries contains 60 calories.
Strawberries - 1 cup strawberries contains 50 calories.
Watermelon - 1 cup watermelon contains 50 calories.
How Can I Eat More Fruit?
It is recommended that you have 2-4 servings of fruit each day. Here are some tips to get more fruit in your diet:
- When you want a dessert, eat a piece of fruit.
- Add a piece of fruit to your breakfast meal each day.
- Make a fruit salad and eat it as a meal.
- Add a piece of fruit to your brown bag lunch.
- Carry a piece of fruit with you as a high energy snack.
- Make a fruit smoothie by blending fruit and ice in a blender.
- Eat frozen grapes for a refreshing snack.
More by this Author
Vintage Christmas elves and pixies will add a whimsical spirit of Christmas past to your holiday decor. They have cute little faces and are very collectible. Read this article if you want to know where to find the fun...
- 55Best Facebook Quotes 2016 To Update Your Status - Popular Facebook Sayings to Make Friends Laugh or Cry
Updating your status is a major activity for Facebook members. The most popular, best Facebook sayings and quotes can be found here.
A guide to the most wanted Christmas gifts this season. If you want to know the most popular gifts for Christmas gift giving this year, this article will give you advice on Christmas shopping.