Rose Petal Wine Recipe
Wine is much touted drink in many cultures and civilizations. Since the time man discovered the art of winery, wine has been used in cooking. Greeks and Romans have extensively used wine in cooking from the time this drink became popular in their culture. Greeks considered wine as the drink of Gods. Hindus and Buddhists use wine in their esoteric rituals. Wines enhance the taste of food.
Brewing wine in home is a simple process, even so for rose petal wine. Home brewing is legal in many countries; however, selling home brewed wine may not be legal. But still, you can treat your guests with home brewed wine, or give them as gifts. Normally, legal age for drinking wine is 18 years. Remember, wine may harm a pregnant woman, and driving under the influence of wine is a bad idea.
You can not only make tea from rose petals, but also wine. Rose petal tea has many health benefits. Rose roots, hips, and petals make a great wine. Rose petal wine is very agreeable to our taste. When you are brewing rose petal wine, make sure rose petals are free from pesticides and rinsed thoroughly. If you cannot get enough rose petals for brewing rose petal wine, you can collect the amount you need by freezing the rose petals.
Instruments you need to brew rose petal wine
Large steel pot
How To brew Rose Petal Wine
- 5 liters water
- 500gms rose petals., Preferably red or pink, if you want red wine. Or you may use rose petals of any c
- 6-7 pieces cloves
- 6-7 pieces black pepper
- 100gms yeast
- 1.5kg brown or white sugar., You can also use honey, however, when you use honey, fermenting takes long. Yeast grows in sugar, an
- One tablespoon sulphite., All commercially brewed wine use sulphite, but you can avoid this substance, if you want, especially
- 200ml orange juice
- Boil water in a steel pot
- Add rose petals, sugar, cloves, and black pepper into the pot of boiling water.
- Bring to a simmer for 30 minutes
- Let it cool in the room temperature
- Add yeast, orange juice and sulphite
- Cover the pot with lid and leave it to ferment in a dark place for four weeks
- Strain the liquid into the glass jars
- Pour the wine into the bottles through funnel and close the bottle necks with corks. Let wine age for at least three months
- Rose petal wine is ready. Rose petal wine you brew contains 8-10 percent alcohol level.
- You can also use this instruction to brew fruit wine.
Red Wine Poached Peach
Red Wine: 200 ml
Peach: 4, peeled, halved and cored
Honey: 200 gm
Cinnamon: Two pieces
Pour wine in a saucepan and bring it to simmer.
Add peach, honey and cinnamon and cook it until the peach are poached.
Reduce the liquid to make a thick sauce.
Pour into a bowl and let it chill.
Garnish with a dollop of ice-cream.
More by this Author
Fertility symbols and fertility rituals are present in many cultures and faiths. Hinduism makes extensive use of fertility symbols and fertility rituals in religious practices.
Learn how to prepare rose petal tea, rose stem tea, rose sherbet and cure vitamin deficiency and boost your immune system.
An overview of the origin and development of cat species, and a short introduction to 32 cat breeds including Persian and Siamese.