MHEI'S WAY OF COOKING THE PERFECT THANSKGIVING STUFFED TURKEY
Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Here in the Philippines, we don't really celebrate thanksgiving but since I work for an american company, we have a little thanskgiving party at the office being held annually. I LOVE COOKING and I LOVE TURKEY! It's just a little pricey, but it's worth every penny. So here's how I cook a stuffed turkey perfect for thanksgiving.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 thawed turkey (weighs around 8-10 kilos)
- ¼ kilo of sausage
- 3 pcs.of peeled apples, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 cup of fresh parsley,chopped
- 1 chopped onion (large size)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 pack butter
- ½ cup of water
- 1 pack of breading mix
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons of pepper
- 1 large oven cooking pan
- A food thermometer
PREPARING THE TURKEY
First, make sure that the turkey is thawed. Never cook it frozen or there will be uncooked portion when you're done, or worse, some parts will be burned. There are two ways on how to thaw a turkey. One is just thawing it inside your fridge that will take 5-7 days. So by the time it's completely thawed, thanksgiving is over. That applies to people who has all the time in the world to prepare. Now, if you are the last-minute-type, then just thaw it under water for 4-6 hours depending on the size of the turkey that you will cook. Make it sure that the entire turkey is soaked under the water to avoid bacteria. Change the cold water ever 30-45 minutes.
Once the turkey is completely thawed, empty the turkey by removing the neck and the giblets. Set it aside for the grave if you like (which I don't). Then, wash it thoroughly with cold water and drain it after.
HOW TO DICED APLLES AND CELERY FOR STUFFING
THE STUFF AND THE TURKEY
HOW TO PREPARE THE STUFFING:
- Fry the sausages in a pan until brown.
- Throw in the chopped onion
- Thaw the butter then pour into the pan
- Pour in the chicken broth
- Put the apple, chopped celery,and the herbs (thyme and rosemary)
- Stir it occasionally until celery is tender
- Add 1/2 cup water and wait for it to boil
- Remove from the heat and put it in a bowl
- Put the additional ingredients like parsley, breadings, a table spoon of salt and pepper. Sitr until perfectly mised.
- Spoon the stuffing on the neck and the body cavities.
- Once done with the "stuffing", tie legs of the turkey so the stuffing won't come out.
- Spoon the remaining stuffing on the body
You're done with the stuffing. Easy so far, right? Now is the time to cook the turkey.
COOKING THE STUFFED TURKEY:
Place the stuffed turkey in the oven, turkey's breast should be side-up, temp should be 325ºF. Cook it for about 4 to 4½ hours (Again, it depends on the size of the turkey). I just keenly observe the progress of the trukey, whether it needs to be cooked longer or lesser than 4 hours. Stuffed turkey gets cooked longer, so you have to be careful. Make it sure that you have a food thermometer so you can check the temerature every once in a while. If the temperature on the thick portions like the breast is already at 180ºF, the the stuffing is at around 163-165ºF, and you can already move the legs, then YOU'RE DONE!
Best if served with gravy. ( I usually have my mom do or my someone else do it for me) Add some garnishings and you have a perfect turkey!
More by this Author
According to WIKKIPEDIA, Inferiority complex in the fields of psychology and psychoanalysis, is a feeling that one is inferior to others in some way. Such feelings can arise from an imagined or actual inferiority in the...
I don't know if you will agree with me, but I consider feet as the most worn-out parts of the body. Just imagine how heavy our bodies are which they carry to wherever we feel like going to, we drag our feet just about...
We want to always look fashionable whatever the season is. Magazines and websites will give you tips on what to wear and when to wear it. The most challenging part is finding an outfit during the rainy season. Here...
No comments yet.