How to Make Chocolate Fried Fingers
Zana Chocolate Fingers
My wife wouldn't throw the left over of bread. A day bread is taken as snakes during the evening tea time. My wife would slice the a day (or two) old bread into slices and dip it in beaten egg and fry. The method is in use for a very long time.
Of late, whenever such a activity is going on the kitchen, my daughters started behaving strange. They would pretend they are not hungry; or they would say they have upset stomach.
Now that we have started buying plain chocolate, my wife added some chocolate flavor to the same old method with some really mouth watering changes in the dish.
Now lets call it Fried Chocolate Fingers.
Here is simple and easy way to make 24-portions of Fried Chocolate Fingers. If you liked this recipe, please remember to rate it 5-star. [even otherwise, please do rate it...]
- 4 Eggs, beaten lightly
- 8 pcs (1 cm thick slice) Day old bread, 1 cm thick slices
- 4 thsps Sunflower oil
- 120 grams Caster Sugar
- 225 grams Plain Chocolate, grated
- 5 tbsps Sherry, cooking sherry
- 600 ml milk
- Ice Cream (Vanilla Flavor), (optional)
- Take a shallow container and pour the beaten eggs and milk. Mix 5 tpsps of sherry. Beat the mixture gently to mix.
- Take the day-old bread, cut into 1 cm slices. And cut each slice into three pieces of equal size. Sock each piece into the eggs/milk mixture till they soften. Then drain these pieces using kitchen paper.
- Heat the sunflower oil into heavy bottom frying pan. Place the socked pieces of beard gently and carefully in pan. Fry the pieces in batches over a medium to low heat. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes each side of the bread fingers, until they turn golden brown.
- Remove the fingers from the frying pan into a paper towel or drainer.
- Ensure all the pieces are cooked and drained thoroughly. Roll each piece into caster sugar; then roll the same piece into the grated chocolate.
- Place the pieces into a serving try, and sparkle little more grated chocolate as you place each piece. Serve them immediately. Optionally add vanilla ice cream along.
I hope you love the recipe. Do share some portions of chocolate fried fingers when you this dish at home.
If you have enjoyed eating these Chocolate fried fingers, then please do remember to rate it 5-stars!
More by this Author
How it feels to visit Mecca - that too for the first time... Here is experience of visiting Meccan for the first ... travelling from Riyadh to Mecca and doing the Umrah. A narration from dear friend's wife Shahida!
The fight for top slot is always there. Fan attrib their favourite stars as the number one. I decided to focus on the top 5 actresses who can really add to the box office success in Hindi Film Industry in 2012. Hindi...
In Tamil the film industry was dominated by Sivaji Ganesan and M G Ramachandran (MGR) when I started watching movies. I favourite then was Sivaji Ganesan. After this successful duo, it was Rajnikant and Kamalhasan who...
No comments yet.