How To Make Easy Pizza Squares
Easy Pizza Squares Anyone?
I love pizza. Every bite of the hot and cheesy goodness of this sumptuous Italian dish is heaven in my mouth. The burst of flavor that comes from the fusion of gooey quick melt cheese, the smokiness of cold cuts and juicy taste of freshly cut veggies is just so awesome. However, I cannot eat pizza every day. A slice of pizza is laden with unwanted fat and excess calories. But what I don’t really like about pizza is its price. Thus, I decided to make my own using ingredients that are easy on the budget yet equally delightful.
In creating an easy-on-pocket pizza square, here are the ingredients:
- 12-15 slices of Loaf Bread
- Tomato Sauce/Pizza Sauce
- 3 Slices of Spiced Ham (cut in mini squares)
- Button Mushrooms (in can, sliced in half)
- Pineapple Chunks (fresh or in can)
- 175 grams of Soft Cheese (quick melt variant would be better)
- White Onion Rings
- Green Bell Pepper
- Wash your hands.
- Wear disposable hand gloves (optional).
- Wash the ingredients like the bell pepper and onions.
- Preheat over up to 300-350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Serving Plates
- Hand Gloves
Step by Step Cooking
Step One. Prepare the bread loaf slices and place them on a clean plate. Get all the ingredients you need in separate bowls.
Step Two. Assemble your pizza squares by putting a generous amount of tomato sauce/pizza sauce first. Scoop a teaspoon of sauce and spread it on top of your bread loaf slices
Step Three. Add a heaping amount of grated soft cheese, sliced mushrooms, ham and pineapple. You may also put slices of green bell pepper and onion rings. Then, top it again with a little grated cheese on top.
Step Four. Put the pizza squares inside the preheated oven and cook it for 3-5 minutes. Once the pizza squares are cooked, take it out of the oven using a spatula and place it on a serving plate.
Pizza Squares are ideal for various occasions like:
- Children’s Party – Kids would love snacks like this. Just remember not to add ingredients like onions and peppers so they can eat it. Kids are very picky when it comes to food.
- Family Picnic – Pizza squares are easy to prepare. Families can bring this on picnics and other outdoor bonding activities.
- House Party with Friends – House parties are served with some cocktail drinks and finger food. Pizza squares can be part of your menu.
- Movie Marathon – Pizza is a favorite movie marathon snacks. Why order, wait and spend much on commercial pizzas if you can make your own, right? Not to mention, pizza making can be considered as a marvelous bonding activity.
- If you don’t want to use loaf bread slices, you can also use other kinds of bread like pocachia, baguette, ciabatta, English muffin or mini pizza dough that are available in supermarkets and groceries.
- If you don’t like ham, you can also use other cold cuts likes bacon, hotdog, salami, pepperoni and sausages.
- If you don’t like onions and bell peppers, you can take it out of your list. You may also add other pizza ingredients like tomato slices, olives and others.
- You can use cheeses like mozzarella, cheddar or any kinds of soft cheeses that are intended for pizza.
- You may also create different variants of pizza squares like seafood, vegetarian, meat-lovers and Hawaiian. It really depends on your taste.
More by this Author
A step by step guide in how to cook simple yet delicious green chili cheese sticks. It is a snack that is the odd amalgam of Asian and Mexican flavor.
Cook easy homemade guava jam in six simple steps. Now, you no longer have to rush in supermarkets because the sweet and preservatives-free fruit jam is easy to make.
A mocktail is a non-alcoholic cocktail. These drinks are ideal for ladies night out, children's parties, or for those who don't drink alcohol. There's a drink here for every occasion.