How to Make Healthy Granola at Home
Recipe for Nutritious, High-Energy Granola
Making granola at home may not be as quick as buying it at the store, but it's certainly healthier, and tastier too. The following recipe is the best I've found and it's quickly become a family favourite. It will make 16 servings at the very least, but can easily be stored for long periods of time without going stale.
Please Rate this Dish
- 2 cups mixed seeds and nuts
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup dried unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- salt to taste
- 1 cup dried fruit
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the seeds, nuts, oats, cinnamon, coconut, honey, maple syrup and salt in a large mixing bowl and combine well.
- Pour the mixture onto a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the granola from the oven and add the dried fruit to the blend
- Cool it on a rack, stirring from time to time until it reaches room temperature.
Notes & Tips
*Store the granola in an air-tight container, where it will keep indefinitely.
*In step 3, the browner the granola becomes without burning, the crunchier it will be.
*Serve this dish with fresh milk or Greek yoghurt.
*If you don't want to use dried fruit, why not try garnishing the granola with fresh fruit such as strawberries, bananas or apples right before eating?
*The best seeds and nuts to use in this recipe are sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, pecans, cashews, chopped walnuts and/or almonds.
More by this Author
This recipe for strawberry cheesecake is quick, straightforward, and incredibly simple to follow. It's a great recipe for beginners to attempt. Also included is a short recipe for strawberry sauce, which goes great with...
This spaghetti carbonara recipe is quick and easy to follow, and is perfect for those just learning to cook. The recipe guides you through the process of making carbonara, and provides helpful hints and tips, too.
I've put together a simple guide to the city of Dublin and the top ten attractions there.