Mango Float Recipe: Philippines' favorite dessert
Delicious Mango FloatClick thumbnail to view full-size
My personal ratings
My Favorite Dessert
Mangoes are great tasting fruits. These are one of the most delicious fruits in the world. The best mangoes are found and grown in the Philippines in the province called Guimaras. It is the well-known Mango Capital of the world. Mango fruit can be turned into one delicious dessert which we can call " Mango float". This recipe is usually served during special occasions especially during Christmas season. But I still prepare this even on regular days or whenever I crave for this! I would definitely prefer this dessert than any other else because of its soft, fluffy creams and fruity mango flavor. It's so easy to prepare that anybody even a seven year-old kid could actually do one for themselves. So I hope you will enjoy this special dessert and share it with your loved ones.
Few tips for choosing the ripe and sweet mango aside from the obvious fact that they should look yellow in color is that, the mango should have no dark spots and should smell good and refreshing when you hold it near your nose. It should have a fragrant aroma. You should familiarize the smell when buying ripe mangoes otherwise you would end up eating Mango float with sour face.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking/Assembly time: 30 minutes
Servings: 8- 12 servings
Total Carbohydrates 61.1 g
sodium 165.7 mg
Mango Float Ingredients:
3-6 pieces yellow ripe mangoes
3-4 packs of Graham Crackers or you can choose 1 box of it
1 pack of Graham Crackers, Crushed
1 can of Nestle All Purpose Cream
1 can of condensed milk
Can make 8-12 servings (depending on what size of dish or container you are using, the bigger the more you can make).
Follow these easy procedures in just minutes:
1. Begin making Mango float by preparing all the needed ingredients and materials on the table.
2. Blend or combine Nestle All Purpose Cream and 1 can of sweetened condensed milk in a mixing bowl. Then set aside, preferably keeping it chilled until needed
3. Peel of the mangoes. Set aside
4. In a square or a rectangular Pyrex or any transparent dish or container, assemble graham crackers and cream mixture by arranging the crackers on the bottom layer of the dish.
5. Spread about one third or 1/4 of the cream mixture, put some mango slices, then put another layer of crushed graham crackers.
6. Repeat the process, start again following this order: biscuits, mixture, mango, crushed graham crackers and repeat until you're done ending with the cream mixture on top.
7. Garnish the top with more slices of mangoes or cherries for a more festive appeal.
8. Put inside the fridge to chill overnight. Mango float tastes more yummy and delicious when chilled well.
9. Mangoes can be substituted with any fruit cocktail. But I really prefer fresh mangoes because they're much more delicious and refreshing taste. Great dessert for summer days! Try it and you will surely love it.
Try this mango float recipe and you will surely love it!
You May Also Like
More by this Author
Blackheads can be an embarassing thing but don't let this ruin your day. There are lots of ways to get rid of those annoying black spots . Homemade face masks might be the solution for your problem.
I've always wanted to be a kid! I remembered the times me and my childhood friends sneak out of the house just to play on the streets. "Larong pinoy" is a term for Filipino games, we often play outside the...
Every country has its cultural traits. Here are some that Filipinos share.