Hearty Minestrone Soup Recipe - Perfect For Those Wintry Days
My Minestrone Soup Recipe
My hearty minestrone soup recipe is simple to prepare and
tasty too! If you enjoy soups and stews then this minestrone soup recipe, with
its great flavour and texture, is perfect for those wintry days ahead, it is
more like a meal in a bowl than a soup! I like the minestrone soup as it is, quite thick, but if you prefer a more 'soupy consistency' just add more stock.
You need a large pan for this as the recipe should make enough minestrone soup for about 6 to 8 servings, but any extra does freeze well, I frequently freeze extra portions of the minestrone to take to work for lunch, or you can easily adjust the quantities of the ingredients to suit.
Ingredients for my minestrone soup recipe
3 large carrots
1 large onion
4 celery sticks
1 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 large potatoes, cut into small dice
2 ½ tbsp tomato purée
2 litres vegetable stock
400g can chopped tomatoes
400g can butter or cannellini beans
120g pasta shapes
1⁄2 head savoy cabbage, shredded
Salt and pepper to taste
Try These Variations To The Minestrone Soup Recipe
- For a nice heat kick add a little bit of chilli.
- Stir in a tablespoon of pesto for a real itallian taste.
- Grate over some parmesan before serving.
- Served with crispy bacon bits & grated cheese.
- Any of the vegetables can be substituted for whatever you have to hand.
To Make Up The Minestrone Soup
- Dice the carrots, onion and celery and potato into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the chopped vegetables and garlic, then cook over a medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the tomato purée, vegetable stock and tomatoes and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes.
- Add the beans and pasta and cook for about 12 minutes, adding the cabbage for the last 3 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve with crusty bread.
Minestrone Soup Recipes From Your Favorite Chefs
- Jamie Oliver Early Autumn Minestrone Soup Recipe
- Jamie Oliver Spring Minestrone Soup Recipe
A lighter minestrone soup, perfect for spring and summer
- Rachael Ray's Mighty Minestrone
- Delia Smith Minestrone with Macaroni
I think a good home-made minestrone, in spite of its peasant origins, is in the luxury class simply because of its rarity. Serve it with coarse Italian-type bread such as ciabatta and lots of freshly grated Parmesan to sprinkle over...
- Green Minestrone Recipe : Rachael Ray : Food Network
Food Network invites you to try this Green Minestrone recipe from Rachael Ray.
- BBC - Food - Recipes : Spring minestrone soup with pesto
More by this Author
My Indian lime pickle recipe makes a perfect accompaniment to many Indian dishes, it is lower in salt and tastes much fresher than the shop bought stuff. So, if you want to find out how to make lime pickle you won't go...
This spicy piccalilli makes a great accompaniment to cold meats and salads. The addition of chilies give this mustard pickle that little extra kick.
People can perceive Shakespeare’s Macbeth in different ways, this page discusses whether Macbeth’s character is a villain or a victim