New York Cheesecake Recipe
Like all the other recipes that I posted, they are all tested by myself and proof to work. I am a fan of baked cheesecake and have tried many recipes. This one is a combination of multiple recipes and is super easy to make.
The recipe is for a 26cm (10'') rounded baking tray, serves 8-10 person.
- 300g Digestive biscuits
- 110g Melted butter
- 520g Cream cheese
- 500g Mascarpone cheese
- 280g Caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla essence
- 6 eggs
- 400g sour cream
Step by step guide:
1. Preheat the oven to 150ºC (300ºF/ gas mark 2).
For the cake crust:
1. Finely crumble the digest biscuit. Use a mixer would be less messy.
2. Add the melted butter into the crumbled biscuits and mix well together.
3. Add the mixture into the baking tray, press it down with your hands evenly.
4. Put the baking tray with the pressed down mixture into the fridge for 10 minutes until stiffed.
For the cheese mixture:
1. Fold the cream cheese, mascarpone, caster sugar and vanilla extract together until they are completely blended.
2. Stir in the eggs one by one until they are mixed thoroughly.
3. Fold in sour cream into the cheese mixture.
4. Pour the cheese mixture into the baking tray.
Baking the cheesecake:
1. Put the tray in the pre-heated oven and back for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
2. Check the cheesecake at around 1 hour and 5 minutes’ baking time. A cooked cheesecake would have a wobbly center if you shake the baking tray.
3. Most important step: when the cheesecake is done, do not take it out from the oven. Switch the oven off and open the oven door just a little bit. Let the cake to cool down gently inside the oven. This is to make sure the cheesecake would not crack due to huge temperature difference.
4. Let the cheesecake cool down inside the switched-off oven for 2-3 hours.
5. Take the cheesecake out. Cool down in room temperature if it is still warm.
6. Put the cheesecake into the fridge for at least 4 hours and preferably overnight.
It is such an easy recipe that you can make it easily with your kids as well.
The only thing it asks for is ‘patience’!
Share Your Recipes!
Every household has their own "grandma's" recipe, which often are the best recipes.
If you are proud of those recipes, you might want to start sharing them in Hubpages.
More by this Author
List of jobs and descriptions that you can find in the fashion industry.
all you need to know about the Dutch dleting plan from Sonja Bakker.
Weight loss diet plan from Sonja Bakker (originated from the Netherlands).