Nice S'ed Rice Dinner Recipe For Two
A Simple and Affordable Dinner For Two From S. To You!
This is a great recipe S. cooks quite frequently. This is effective both as a budget-friendly meal as well as being much more realatively nutritious than many other dinner mixes that you could compare it to. In the main version of this recipe, we use the most basic and cheapest ingredients, but you can always add from the suggested additions we list below, or even choose your own additions. Enjoy!
1 lb. roll Breakfast Sausage - $3.20
1 Can of Diced, Italian Seasoned Tomatoes - $1.00
1 Bag of Enriched Long-Grain Rice - $1.50
Packaged Stick Butter - $1.20
TOTAL COST = $6.90
- 1 lb. Ground Breakfast Sausage, Browned
- 1 can Italian Seasoned Diced Tomatoes
- 2 cups Enriched Long-Grain Rice
- 1/2 Stick (4 tbsp.) Butter or Margarine
- 4 1/2 cups Water
- Dashes of Salt and/or Pepper, To taste (optional)
- Start the rice first by adding it to 4 cups of water in a medium-large sauce pan, plus 1/4 stick butter. Bring to a boil, then set to low, cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes while you start on the next step.
- Begin browning meat in a large skillet; drain.
- When the rice is done, add it to the browned meat in the skillet along with the diced tomatoes, as well as the remaining 1/2 cup of water and 1/4 stick of butter. Bring to a boil, mixing well.
- Set to low, cover and let simmer for about 6 minutes, then serve hot and enjoy!
In our version here, we used ground breakfast sausage, but you could feel free to use 1 lb. of any other ground meat instead.
For a little more of a kick, when you add the diced tomatoes you can also try adding in some of these ingredients:
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 small can of chopped Mushrooms
- Other veggies you might enjoy!
Also, if you would like to make this as a dinner for four, just double the amounts of the ingredients.
More by this Author
This is an article showing some Magic - The Gathering Trading Card Game deck ideas that I've used to play games with. A lot of the strategy involved in the game can be seen in these examples of powerful deck ideas that...
MTG - Magic The Gathering Deck Building is here to both introduce newcomers to MTG as well as help any players construct a new deck of their own or seek information on rules or tips on playing.
Rules to the card game 31, along with tips and play strategies, and a place you can ask questions about the rules.