Easy Cheesy Macaroni Recipe
Well technically this isn't a baked mac, right? But this tastes almost the same. It's creamy and meaty without the burnt edges from baking it in an oven.
So, I have been a fan of baked macaroni for a long time and it's always been a battle for me whenever I need to pick between baked mac or lasagna (though I think I'm learning to love lasagna more, hhhm. beeeef.). When I was in college, I always ate at this canteen or cafeteria near my building and always ordered baked macaroni with some nescafe freeze (which they don't serve anymore, bummer). Anyway, I always thought the baked mac tasted nice and I thought it's easy to make. After all, it's just some macaroni with maybe some Filipino style spaghetti sauce and some melted cheese on top. But yeah, I haven't learned to make some baked mac until recently. The sauce is our family's own and the cheese/white sauce recipe is from a family friend. Read on below to learn how to make your own no-bake baked macaroni. :)
- 1 jar sweet style spaghetti sauce
- garlic cloves, minced
- onions, minced
- 1 kilo ground beef
- 1 large pack quickmelt/cheddar/mozzarella cheese
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 kilo hotdogs or sausages
- 2 cups button mushrooms
- 1 kilo elbow macaroni, cooked
- canola oil
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
Will you ever try the no-bake baked mac?See results without voting
- Cook macaroni in a pot full of boiling water til it's al dente. Use a strainer to remove excess water and run under tap. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic and onions in medium heat. Add in the beef and keep stirring for a few minutes til it changes color.
- Add the hotdogs/sausages as well as the button mushrooms. Saute til the hotdogs are half cooked.
- Add the spaghetti sauce. If using tomato sauce, add extra water and let boil.
- Add in the tomato paste. Add 1 cup of water and let boil for about 10 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 cup of milk on the sauce and let boil for a few minutes while continuously stirring.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper to your liking.
- Remove pan from heat and mix sauce with the pasta in a large baking dish. Set aside.
- For the cheese sauce: Put the whole pack of quickmelt cheese and the remaining milk in a sauce pan over low heat to ensure that it doesn't burn.
- Stir continuously until there is no more solid cheese left and until the mixture is really thick.
- Pour cheese sauce all over the macaroni and red sauce mixture. Place under a turbo griller if you really want it baked but I really like this as it is already.
Your no-bake, baked macaroni is ready to be served. Enjoy eating this with your family!
More by this Author
Ever sank your teeth into an oreo cheesecake, thinking, "I wish I could make this at home so I can eat it whenever I want" ? Well, the thing is, you can! Read more to find out how.
Kimbap is the Korean version of Sushi rolls. This particular type uses beef teriyaki as a main ingredient as well as cheese and hotdogs for a unique flavor.
Antipolo isn't just the Philippines' city for pilgrimage. But, it's also home to quaint little restaurants and cafes that will surely keep your palates craving and salivating for more.