How to Make Panini Sandwiches Quickly and Easily
Panini sandwiches are one of the most delicious sandwiches but are at the same time very easy to make if you know how. They can also be very healthy depending on the ingredients you use and how you make them.
This sandwiches can be enjoyed hot or called. So you can make them the night before to take to work for lunch the next day.
Two Cheeses and Mushroom Panini
If you have a Panini grill plug it in and turn it on as it takes about 7 minutes to heat up
2 cups of pitted olives,1 clove garlic (optional), thinly sliced Jarlsburg cheese, 8 mushrooms, emmenthaler cheese thinly sliced, ciabatti or foccacia breads are best but you can use french bread too, 3 Tbsp of olive oil, a pinch of black paper
- Cut off the mushroom stems and grill it for about 4 minutes.
- Let it cool and then slice it thinly.
- Place the pitted olives and garlic in a food processor and chop
- Add the olive oil and black paper and process to a tick paste.
- (For a quicker sandwich you can buy the ready made olive paste)
- Cut the bread into sandwich sizes and then in half.
- Spread the olive paste on both slices of bread.
- Line the bottom slice with 6 or 7 thinly sliced jarlsburg cheese pieces
- Line the mushroom pieces on top of the cheese.
- layer the emmenthaler cheese on top of the mushroom pieces
- place the other slice of bread on top of the sandwich.
- Brush the top and the bottom bread with olive oil
- Using a spatula place the sandwich on the hot grill.
- Close the lead and cook 5 to 7 minutes until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted to a crisp light brown.
- If you want the fancy stripes on your sandwich press down on the lead a couple of times while it is cooking.
For this sandwich you can use any of your favorite cheeses that lends itself to melting well such as provlane, or white cheddar cheese etc.
For a heartier meal enjoy the sandwich with your favorite soup.
Mozzarella and Fresh Tomato Paste Panini
7 to 8 ounces of fresh mozzarella, 3 very ripe and red plum
tomatoes, 4 tbsp. of olive oil, one clove garlic crushed, 5 fresh basil leaves,
salt and paper to taste, focaccia or cibati bread are preferable but you can use french bead also.
- Cut the tomatoes in large pieces place in a food processer and add the olive oil, basil, garlic, and salt and pepper and chop coarsely and blend well.
- Cut the mozzarella in to thin slices about 1/3 to ¼ inch thick.
- Cut a large loaf of ciabatte bread three or 4 equal parts depending on how large a sandwich you want.
- Cut these pieces in halves lengthwise and baste with olive oil
- Line the mozzarella cheese on one of the slices.
- Spread the tomato paste on the mozzarella.
- Put the other slice of bread on top of it.
- Brush a little bit of olive oil on top of the bread.
- If you have a Panini grill or any kind of indoor grill turn it on and wait 7 to 8 minutes to heat up.
- Using a spatula place the sandwiches on a grill that has been heated close the door and let it cook 5 to 7 minutes until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.
- Press down with the lead a couple of times to give your sandwich the striped look.
Being Creative with Paninis
You can be very flexible with paninis. To the above Mozzarella and Tomato paste panini you can add grilled chicken. You can grill boneless chicken on the panini grill let it cool and then cut it into thin strips and layer it on top of the tomato paste. You can make an even heartier panini by layering the chicken with provolone cheese.
You can also make various pastes with other ingredients to spies up your sandwich.You can simply make basil pesto and use that. To make basil pesto you simply process fresh basil leaves, walnut pieces, pine nuts, salt, pepper, olive oil to a thick paste in a food processor. Then add grated parmesan cheese blend well.
So when it comes to these sandwiches the sky is the limit. what ever strikes your fancy and think it might taste good you can try out. The basic requirement is good bread and good fresh ingredients.
More by this Author
Most people in the world probably haven’t heard of teff. Teff is an ancient Ethiopian grain that was known only in Ethiopia until very recently. But Ethiopia's best kept secret, this super grain is now out in the...
Most people do not think of rue as a culinary herb. In the west, it is used with great caution as a medicinal herb mostly. That is because it is considered poisonous and very bitter. But rue used to be used extensively...
Grilling fish and chicken on a panini grill is is an easy, quick and healthy way of cooking these foods. It takes about 4 to 10 minutes, doesn't need much oil or butter, excess fat is drained off, and the best part...
No comments yet.