Mouth-Watering Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter Cookie and Ice Cream ~~~Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Trio
This is a decadent dessert for that will turns an ordinary day into over-the-top. A combination of textures, flavors, and temperatures will impress and please all who are lucky enough to partake of it.
Three ingredients that need no song of praise, no introduction, and no fanfare that are used to create an insanely delicious dessert are found in this recipe. Chocolate, peanut butter, and ice cream are somewhere near the top of my top of my favorites for dessert.
- The good news is that it requires little fuss and bother to prepare.
- Collect your ingredients. Mix. Blend, Form, Bake.
- Slather on a little ice cream, press two cookies together, freeze. Serve.
The flavors will dance around in your mouth at the first bite.
Happy Guests. Happy Family.
Trivia About Chocolate You May Just Need to Know One Day...
- "Several medical studies have shown that eating chocolate in moderation can actually prolong your life by reducing risk of blood clots and fighting bad cholesterol." One source stated that dark chocolate is the best....who knows??
- "Chocolate is actually a valuable energy source. A single chocolate chip can provide enough energy for an adult human to walk 150 feet."
- Chocolate's anitoxidants are known to help prevent cancer!!!
A few little hints
- When preparing these cookies, carefully and gently mixing ingredients will yield a tender but not fragile cookie.
- Using an ice cream scoop will give you enough batter to make two perfect size cookies for the chocolate peanut butter ice cream trio.
- Make the cookies earlier in the day so they can cool. Try to keep them from being eaten before you use them.
- As was mentioned in the instructions, placing no more than six on a sheet pan is suggested as they spread while baking.
- You can buy bags of peanut butter pieces just as you can the chocolate pieces In some areas, they can be purchased in a bag together.
- If you want the extra flavor of peanut butter, adding the quarter cup of peanut butter will provide that depth of flavor for you.
If you wish, you can make jumbo cookies using this batter. Use one large scoop of batter. Round it a bit, press down to about 1/2 inch thickness. Four on a sheet pan is suggested. Let cook about 9 -11 minutes. Check at 9 minutes to be sure they are not cooking too quickly.
Step 1 Gather All Ingredients
step 2 Mixing first part of ingredients
Step 3 Sift Dry Ingredients Together
Step 4 Adding Flour a Bit at a Time
step 5 Blending in flour
Step 6 Adding Chocolate and Peanut Butter Pieces
Step 7 Ingredients Are Blended
Step 8 Ice Cream Scoop of Batter
Step 9 Trio Cookies Ready to Bake
Step 9 Trios Baked and Ready to Fill
Step 10 ---- Chocolate peanut butter ice cream trios are ready!!
If you want to....Jumbo Cookies
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- l teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups peanut butter and chocolate pieces
- 1/4 cups all natural peanut butter, optional
- Preheat oven to 350. Locate cookie sheet and set aside for use.
- Mix softened butter, vanilla, eggs with a whisk.
- Add brown sugar. Mix well.
- Add granulated sugar. Mix well.
- Sift salt, baking soda, and flour together.
- Add one half of flour. Blend in gently with a spoonula. Add remaining flour. Again, blend in gently.
- Add 1/4 cup peanut butter if desired. Fold in until blended. (Optional)
- Add chocolate and peanut butter pieces. Fold in gently.
- Scoop with an ice cream scoop. One scoop makes two cookies. Unless you are using an extra large cookie sheet, put only 6 at a time on your sheet. Shape into a round, a press down to about 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Bake for about 6 minutes.
- Remove to a rack to cool.
- Soften your favorite flavor of ice cream. Place about 1-2 tablespoons on one half of cookie. Place second cookie on top of ice cream Press gently to spread ice cream.
- Wrap in foil sheets. Place on a tray. Place in your freezer until you wish to serve them.
- These are a delightful treat and make dessert time a special time.
|Serving size: 1 trio|
|Calories from Fat||162|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 18 g||28%|
|Saturated fat 6 g||30%|
|Carbohydrates 27 g||9%|
|Sugar 30 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 6 g||12%|
|Cholesterol 30 mg||10%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
© 2012 Patricia Scott
More by this Author
Homemade hot chocolate---made with powdered milk, chocolate powder, confectioner's sugar....this was a gift over 30 years ago and we still have it each time we want a luscious cup of hot goodness.
Baked Brownie Alaska is a luxurious dessert that turns any evening into an extravaganza. It is light and refreshing and so full of diverse flavors and textures you will not want to stop with one serving.
Welcome an unusual plant to your yard. Pine Cone Ginger, known by several other names, is a fascinating plant which will add a tropical air to the landscape on your property.