Easy Party Punch Recipes
Punch may have come from the word puncheon, a cast made to hold liquids, such as beer. The word may also have come from the Hindu word pantsh, which means five. What does five have to do with anything? British expatriates in India in the 17th century made a beverage consisting of five ingredients: tea, water, sugar, lemon juice and a fermented sap called arrack.
Regardless of the history or origin, punches of all kinds are an expected beverage at many of today’s social gatherings. If you want to entertain at home or you’re an aspiring bartender or just wants to experiment, here are some exciting and refreshing recipes for you to try for any occasion.
1. Malibu Party Punch
What you need:
- 1 bottle of Malibu Rum
- 48 oz Cranberry Juice
- 6 oz can Frozen Orange juice concentrate
- 6 oz can frozen lemonade or limeade concentrate
- Combine ingredients in a punch bowl and stir.
- Garnish with lemon orange slices and cloves.
This recipe serves 12 - 20.
2. Party Punch
You will need the following:
- 16 oz orange juice
- 16 oz pineapple juice, unsweetened
- 16 oz club soda
- 3 oz lime juice
- 16 oz white or gold Puerto Rican rum
What to do:
- Pour ingredients into large punch bowl filled with ice.
- Add sugar to taste.
4. Formula #21
- 1 bottle Smirnoff Vodka
- 1 bottle White Wine
- 2 quarts Pineapple juice
- ½ cup lime juice
- 2 quarts chilled club soda
- Sugar to taste
Just mix all ingredients in a punch bowl.
3. Shower Punch
- 2 quarts orange juice
- 2 quarts grapefruit juice
- 1 quart Bacardi light rum
- Mix ingredients in large container.
- Chill for 2 hours
- Pour mixture over a block of ice just before serving.
- Add 3 thinly sliced oranges.
5. Coral Paradise
What you need:
- 10 oz Ocean Spray Ruby Mango grapefruit mango juice cocktail
- 4 oz orange juice
- ¼ cup crushed pineapple drained
- ¼ cup crushed ice
- Put all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend for a few seconds on high speed or until ingredients are thoroughly combined.
This makes one serving. Other variation: substitute 1 scoop vanilla yogurt for crushed ice.
6. Patio Punch
You will need the following ingredients:
- 750 ml Southern Comfort
- 16 oz Grapefruit juice
- 8 oz fresh lime juice
- 2 litres 7-up or ginger ale
What to do:
- Mix ingredients and add ice.
- Serve from a punch bowl or pitcher.
Note that the first three ingredients can be mixed in advance and refrigerate.
Add the 7 up or ginger ale and ice when ready to serve.
More by this Author
Different non alcoholic drink ideas for your party.
For those of you who are confused about why there are so many kinds of tea and how they are different from each other, this is what I gathered.
Filipino proverbs, or salawikain, echo the values of the Philippines. The values and lessons they impart to us still hold truth to this day.