The Best Salmon Recipes
The Joys of Cooking Salmon
Salmon has been discovered to be one of the healthiest types of fish you can eat. It doesn't have a "strong" fishy flavor which lets it be paired with many types of other foods, and its firm texture makes it easy to cook for beginning fish chefs.
Salmon is most often cooked as a fillet (a thin cut down the side of the fish with no bones) or a steak (a cross-section of the fish). Recipes can be as simple as some pepper and olive oil sprinkled on, or they can feature fancy sauces.
In addition to being a good lean source of protein, salmon is also rich in omega-3 fatty acids, found to boost good cholesterol and decrease the bad form. These polyunsaturated fats have been found to help with heart disease, arthritis and other inflammatory conditions.
Farmed salmon are frequently fed grains and other ground up fish, which is not only unnatural and unhealthy, but fish-farming practices are extremely bad for the environment. Please take just a moment and educate yourself on why you should buy wild-caught and not farmed salmon and why we need to support environmental efforts to protect our salmon resources. Also please consider sharing your opinion on fish-farming standards.
Grilled Salmon for Dinner
Wild Planet is committed to providing the finest tasting sustainably caught seafood while supporting the conservation of wild marine ecosystems.
Salmon Recipe Archive
- Salmon Recipes
Lynn Salmon's collection of salmon recipes. Main dishes, soups, salads, appetizers, and special recipes.
- Salmon Recipe Links - Salmon Recipes.Net: Over 700 salmon recipes
An extensive collection of high quality fresh and smoked salmon recipes for all levels of culinary skill.
- Oregon Salmon Patties
Excellent recipe for canned or fresh salmon patties. This recipe is from the Oregon coast.
- Baked Alaska Salmon Fillets With Mustard Sauce
Low-Carb Recipe, serves six.
- Prime Select Seafoods - Cordova AK - Recipes
J.J.'s Barbecue Copper River King Salmon McLaird's Fancy Poached Red Salmon Kate's Secret Silver Salmon Sauce Lisa's Smoked Salmon Quiche Smoked Salmon Salad
- Salmon Recipes at Epicurious.com
Lots of variations and suggestions for cooking salmon.
Salmon with Roast Garlic Topping
This is my favorite way to cook salmon!
This makes a great dinner for a small group, and it's easy to double it up if you are having a larger party. It's also good for a dinner for two with plenty of healthy leftovers for lunch over the next day or two. If you can't get fresh lemons, it's okay to use a ready-squeezed juice.
- 1 head of garlic, medium-sized
- 1/4 C. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. butter
- 4 salmon fillets, about 6-7 oz. each
- 2 tsp. lemon juice, fresh-squeezed if possible
- 2 tsp. rosemary, fresh herb and finely-chopped
Salmon Fillets (just what you need for this recipe!)
Fillets also have options for just ordering two (a perfect romantic dinner) or six (an average dinner party).
Instructions for Baking Salmon with Roast Garlic
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.Separate the garlic into cloves and peel. Put these in a small baking dish and pour enough olive oil over them to cover them. Wrap the dish in two layers of aluminum foil and bake for approx 30 minutes. The cloves should become nice and tender.
- After you remove the garlic, increase the oven temp to 450 degrees to pre-heat for the fish.
- Use a slotted spoon to fish the cloves out of the oil and put them into a food processor. Add about a tablespoon of the oil they were baking in, and the butter. (The remainder of the garlicky oil is nice served with a crusty bread for dipping as an appetizer). Puree the garlic, butter and oil, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the salmon on a baking sheet. I like to oil it slightly, put down a lettuce leaf, or a piece of baking parchment to keep the fish from sticking. Salt and pepper each fillet, then drizzle generously with lemon juice. Spread garlic puree evenly over the fillets.
- Bake until salmon is cooked through, approximately 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with rosemary and serve. (I like to serve it over greens, rice or mashed potatoes).
Rate this Recipe
Learn to Cook Salmon Fillets and Steaks
Easy Salmon Recipes
- The Best Baked Salmon
This is one of the easiest ways of cooking fresh salmon. Baking in aluminum foil is particularly recommended for fresh salmon to preserve its delicate flavor. It makes a wonderful party dish, hot or cold.
- Cooks.com - Recipe - Super Easy Salmon Burgers
Quick and delicious
- Pan- Seared Salmon With Tomato-Basil Relish
Pan- Seared Salmon With Fresh Tomato-Basil Relish Recipe | Make it in Minutes: 8
- Salmon Recipes - A Quick And Easy Recipe To Cook Salmon Fish
An appetizing salmon recipe that you can cook in 10 minutes. All you need is salmon, and some batter.
- Easy Herbed Grilled Salmon Recipe
Easy Herbed Grilled Salmon Recipe. The herbs, wine, and lime give salmon a fabulous flavor. The foil tray makes clean up easy. You can use any firm-fleshed fish.
- Easy Salmon with Brown Sugar with Bourbon Glaze Recipe
I made this recipe last night and it was terrific! I had a little problem with the heat being too high to keep the sugar from hardening when cool, but it was a minor problem, and didn't effect the recipe's taste.
More by this Author
A Bento Box is a traditional Japanese lunch style, offering a collection of artistic and tasty foods. Find bento box recipes and learn to make your own onigiri!
Making a great meat loaf is really easy! Here are recipes and cooking suggestions so you can beef up your meatloaf! Also how to make faux loaf for vegetarians.
As a follow-up to "Everything About Nose Piercings," this article offers information on healing and aftercare. Get advice on jewelry issues, keloids or bumps, changing jewelry, and more.