sauteed bananas in sweet coconut cream, an easy ten minute tropical dessert!
Quick and easy and oh so good!
Suateed bananas in sweet coconut cream
This is such an easy dessert, but it’s one of the favorites at my restaurants, as well as amongst my family.
This can easily be made in ten minutes and will amaze with its simplicity and outstanding taste. It’s a great end to any tropical, Asian or Mexican inspired meal. Actually it’s a great ending to any meal
Sautéed bananas in sweet citrus coconut cream
- 4 bananas
- 2 tbls butter
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 or 3 Tbls of sugar
- Lime juice to taste
- A scant pinch of salt
- A couple of spoonfuls of brown sugar
- Add the coconut milk and 2 Tbls sugar to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- When as thick as heavy cream, it is done. Add a squeeze of lime and a very small pinch of salt and taste. You are looking for a rich and sweet creamy sauce with a hint of tart citrus. If it needs more sweetness, add another spoonful of sugar, and if it needs more sour keep adding squeezes of lime juice until it tastes right.
- Peel your bananas and heat the butter in a heavy fry pan over medium high heat. When the butter is hot, add the bananas and cook for about a minute per side. You want to get them a little bit golden brown. When they are done, sprinkle on a couple of spoonfuls of brown sugar, give a quick stir, and remove from the heat.
- Pool the sauce on the bottom of four flat bottomed bowls and place one banana in each bowl.
- Garnish with any sliced tropical fruit if you have it.
This is so simple but so good. It’s great for a gathering of friends or family, because it can be prepared so quickly and served warm and fresh to guests straight after dinner.
- Thai Stir Fried Tofu with Cashew Nuts - An Easy and ...
A quick and very easy Thai vegetarian recipe. Everybody loves stir fried tofu with cashew nuts, and you can make it in about 10 minutes!
- Thai Stir Fried Chicken with Chilies. An Easy and Qu...
An easy and quick recipe for Thai stir fried chicken with chilies.
- Thai Stir Fried Asparagus with Shrimp. An Easy Thai ...
An easy recipe for Thai stir fried asparagus with shrimp.
- How to Make Thai Chicken with Cashew Nuts. An Easy a...
My mom loves Thai chicken with cashew nuts, and when she comes for her winter visits she probably eats it almost daily. It's just that good! And one great thing about this particular dish is that unlike many...
- Hot and Sour Thai Chicken Soup. An Easy 15 Minute Sp...
A very easy 15 minute spicy Thai recipe for sour chicken soup. You can make this from scratch at home in a few minutes!
More by this Author
http://www.flickr.com/photos/anjuli_ayer/2950992676/ Nothing beats that apple pie kitchen smell on a cold Sunday afternoon, but not every Sunday afternoon has me wanting to make apple pie! Ah well, thankfully there are...
Raspberry Fool - it's the easiest summer dessert you can make and with whipped cream and fresh berries...it tastes fantastic!
- EDITOR'S CHOICE50
There are as many chili recipes as there are Texans. To say that this recipe is the world's best may be a little difficult to prove, but it's pretty darn good! The secret to great chili is using the right ingredients...