Smoothies are delicious. There are so many ways to make a smoothie and the perfect smoothie is just a matter of personal taste. This lens pays tribute to the smoothie, and includes fruit, vegetable, and alcoholic smoothie recipes (that last one is not for the kiddies, lol).
What Is A Smoothie
What is a smoothie? Smoothies are really a personal experience. For you, a smoothie is what you make it. Be creative. Use fresh ingredients and go with your own taste. The possibilities are limitless. Use the recipes below as a guide, and you're off and blending!
1. Add liquids first.
2. Add fruits, veggies and other soft foods after liquids.
3. If adding ice or frozen fruit, add last (and if it's ice only, add sparingly).
4. Start blending on a LOW setting for about 30 seconds and then move to a HIGH setting until smooth.
NOTE: If you have a machine (e.g. the Nutribullet) where you throw everything into a cup and then flip it upside down, do everything listed here backwards; add the ice first, then the fruits or veggies or other soft foods, and then the liquids last.
Fruit Smoothie (Non-Alcoholic) Recipes
Enjoy these simple fruit smoothie recipes! (Admittedly, some of these will be more like milkshakes, but still, enjoy them anyway.)
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen banana cubes
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons cream of coconut
- 1 dash grenadine
- 1 nectarine
- 6 ounces light peach yogurt
- 1/2 cup pine-orange-guava juice
- 1/2 cup sugar-free powered lemonade mix
- 2 teaspoons sugar (or other vegan sweetener, such as raw cane sugar or agave nectar)
- 1 teaspoons honey
Fruity OJ Breakfast Smoothie
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 banana
- 6-7 frozen strawberries
- 4-5 slices frozen peaches
- 5-6 frozen blueberries
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 teaspoon hone (optional)
- fresh mint (optional)
Chocolate Banana Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana, peeled
- 6 ounces cherry frozen yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Hershey's Chocolate Syrup (or chocolate syrup of your choice; can even be homemade)
- 1/2 cup non-fat milk (can be substituted with soy milk or rice milk)
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, stemmed
- 1/2 cup fresh frozen or canned pineapple chunks
- 8 ounce container low fat Pina Colada yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- 1/4 ripe cantelope, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup nonfat or low fat yogurt of choice
- 2 tablespoons skim milk powder or milk powder of choice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 cup cran-raspberry juice
- 2 cups frozen mixed fruit
- 1 1/2 cup nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
Vegetable Smoothie Recipes
Some more healthy recipes for you to try out...
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 4 small carrots sliced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 ice cubes
Add all the ingredients to the blender except for the ice. Blend for 15 second and then add the ice one at a time until the desired mixture is reached.
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- Tabasco or hot sauce to taste
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 1 Carrot, chopped
- 4 Florets of broccoli
- 2 Handfuls of spinach
- 1 Apple, chopped
- 2 Oranges, peeled and quartered
- Orange Juice to dilute
Alcoholic Smoothies Recipes
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Triple Sec
Rub the rim of a margarita glass with the rind of a lemon or lime and then dip the rim in salt.
Mix the ingredients, adding ice until desired consistency is reached. Pour in the margarita glass.
Strawberry Daiquiri Smoothie
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen limeade or lemonade
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries
- 4-6 ounces good rum
- 4-6 ounces strawberry liqueur
- 4-6 ounces water
- 12 ice cubes, crushed.
Combine all the ingredients and blend until the mixture is smooth.
Store the mixture in the freezer for about 25 minutes and then serve.
Pina Colada Smoothie
- 1 ounce light rum
- 1 ounce coconut cream
- 1 ounce crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup crushed ice
Blue Hawaii Smoothie
- 1 ounce blue curacao
- 1/2 ounce dark rum
- 1/2 ounce light rum
- 1 ounce orange juice
- 5 ounces pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
Black Russian Smoothie
- 4 scoops chocolate ice cream
- 1.5 ounces Kahlua
- 1 ounce vodka
- Crushed Ice
- 2 ounces amaretto
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 12 ice cubes
Other Smoothie Recipes
I could post hundreds, even thousands of smoothie recipes here, but that would be too long of a webpage. So instead, here are links to a few other websites with some other amazing smoothie recipes:
More by this Author
This webpage is mostly for anyone who WANTS white or silver/grey/gray hair and wants to know how to maintain it properly. Wigs, hair extensions, dyes & toners are discussed here.
I believe I was 14, 15 or 16 years old when I decided I needed to create my own bucket list-- a list of things I wanted to do before I die. Well, I didn't EXACTLY think of it that way. For me, it was just a list of all...
This webpage discusses red hair in the form of wigs, extensions & hair dye, as well as tips on how to maintain red hair. Also, famous redheads (both natural & unnatural/fake are briefly discussed).