The Healing Powers of Vinegar
Buy the healing powers of vinegar - A Complete Guide
Vinegar, as sour as a green apple, fights bacteria and fungi that cause itching due to mosquito bites, soothes burns, calm an upset stomach, prevent otitis externa (inflammation of outer ear canal), and also brighten and soften hair and skin. Some people also say that vinegar mixed with honey and hot water relieves the pain of leg cramps. Others use the vinegar to dry and heal cold sores. It is interesting to note that if you will put a drop of vinegar on the tongue, your tongue will instantly perceive sour taste. The strong flavor of vinegar is due to its high concentration of acetic acid, which forms when bacteria digest the fermented liquids. Vinegar is an effective weapon against bacteria. The healing powers of vinegar are well known all over the world. Even in the First World War, the soldiers' wounds were cleaned with vinegar and even today, if you can tolerate, vinegar is natural disinfectant which can clean an infected scratch or ulcer. Vinegar is harmful to the fungi that cause infection. Fungi and bacteria give up when they are attacked with a dose of vinegar. Vinegar is also good for hair and skin. As it is an acid, it reacts with chemical basis for producing neutral H20 (water), along with some salt. Vinegar when applied to the hair help reduce dandruff and relieve itchy scalp.
Most Common Healing Powers of Vinegar
- Relieves low stomach acid problems: If you suffer from indigestion due to lack of stomach acid, a tablespoon of vinegar after meals can be just what you need. (Of course, if the problem is too much stomach acid, the vinegar will not help anything rather will make things worse for you).
- Spread of vinegar gently refreshes the skin. Vinegar evaporates quickly producing a soft freshness that takes the sting out of sunburn. The vinegar also helps in decreasing the inflammation caused by itchy skin and sunburn.
- Vinegar can kill bacteria and fungi inside the ear cavity. Otitis externa is the inflammation of outer ear and ear canal which is caused due to flourishing of fungi in the warm and moist cavities of ear canal. Putting two drops of vinegar mixed with equal parts of alcohol in the ear can help heal infection, but it is recommend to never put anything in the ear if by any chance the eardrum is broken. If you are in doubt, always follow the advice of your doctor.
- Vinegar is an effective treatment for athlete's foot.
- Vinegar is helpful in eliminating odors. The high acid content of vinegar gives it a strong aroma that eliminates odors. A vinegar rinse removes the smell of smoke on clothes.
- Vinegar refreshes the skin of infants when added to water for a final rinse after use of soap and shampoo.
- Vinegar is also helpful in getting rid of unpleasant smell of armpits and feet.
- Vinegar removes and heals the burning stings of box jellyfish.
- It can also remove the stings of mosquitoes and also neutralizes the substances that cause pain in the skin.
- Vinegar also helps in relieving the itching and inflammation of urticaria. Dilute vinegar with little water and apply to affected skin with a cotton ball.
- Vinegar is one of the most popular remedies to combat headache. The traditional method is to wet brown paper with apple cider vinegar and apply on the forehead. You can also soak a cloth in vinegar and tie it on the head. Nobody knows for sure why it works, but many people have blind faith that it works. I will try it when I will have a headache.
- Vinegar is also a trusted natural remedy for sore throats. Some people recommend gargling with a teaspoon of vinegar dissolved in a glass of warm water. Others prepare a homemade cough syrup by combining equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and honey, which is shaken or stirred until dissolved.
More by this Author
A simple and straightforward guide to prevent and treat mouth ulcers. Also read about the the causes, signs, and symptoms.
Milk and dairy products have a big role in cooking because milk products are added in various recipes and cooking preparations such as sauces, creams, ice cream, fruit creams, etc. Also, if you want to prepare a royal...
Common questions about gear application on the Royal Enfield 350cc Standard Bike.