Vietnamese Pickled Bean Sprout Salad Recipe (Dua Gia). How to Make Pickled Salad Vietnamese style!
Dua gia or Vietnamese pickled bean sprout salad actually light pickle dish since vegetables is lightly pickled in brine liquid. Commonly Vietnamese eat this pickle in large amounts, that's why it more like salad. This pickle is perfect accompaniment with kho (dishes simmered in caramel) dishes.
This healthy pickled salad is incredibly easy to fix. You just need very few basic ingredients: sugar, vinegar, bean sprouts, carrot and spring onion or Chinese chives. If you are looking for some raw food or pickle or low sodium but high in fiber dishes, this pickle is perfect for you. The combination of tangy, crisp and crunchy pickle make this pickled salad is great companion to counterbalance deep spciy food. You will love this pickled salad as complement to most Asian dishes. Here is super easy peasy Vietnamese pickled bean sprout salad recipe (dua gia). Bon appetiti.
What You Need
1 lbs bean sprouts
1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
3 scallions or Chinese chives if available, cut into 1 - 2-inch lengths
1 cup white vinegar
1 cup water
2 tsp salt
2/3 cup sugar
How to Fix
- In a small saucepan, combine salt, sugar, vinegar and water. Heat them over medium-high and bring them to a boil. Stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar and salt. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine bean sprouts, carrot and scallion. Then pour the vinegar brine over the vegetables. Use tongs to toss them. Set aside and let them marinade about 30 minutes. Stir and turning vegetables to coat the vegetables with the brine. When the vegetables shrink in volume and they are covered with brine, taste and adjust the salt or sugar to your liking.
- To serve, drain the vegetables and transfer them on a plate. Serve them immediately. Usually within 2 hours to enjoy their crunchiness and freshness. Sprinkle with toasted peanut if you like.
More Vietnamese Recipes
- Vietnamese Braised Chicken with Ginger Recipe (Ga Kho Gung)
- Quick and Easy Vietnamese Carrot and Daikon Pickle Recipe (Do Chua)
- Vietnamese Glutinous Rice and Black-Eyed Pudding (Che Dau) Recipe
- Vietnamese Beef Carpaccio Recipe (Bo Tai Chanh)
- Easy and Tasty Vietnamese Spring Rolls Recipe (Cha Gio)
- Vietnamese Chicken with Cellophane Noodle Soup Recipe (Mien Ga)
- Easy and Healthy Vietnamese Papaya Salad Recipe (Goi Du Du)
- Vietnamese Sizzling Crepes Recipe (Banh Xeo)
- Vietnamese Lemongrass Beef Satay Recipe (Thit Bo Nuong Xa)
- Easy and Tasty Vietnamese Beef Stew Recipe (Bo Kho)
- Vietnamese Grilled Pork with Rice Noodles Recipe (Bun Cha)
- Easy and Healthy Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls Recipe (Goi Cuan)
- Easy and Quick Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe (Pho Ga)
- Easy Homemade Vietnamese Chicken Stock Recipe(Nuoc Dung Ga)
More by this Author
Flickr by Charles Haynes Dry-fried green beans topped with ground pork and spiced with Sichuan red hot chili. Serve this hearty dish with warm rice or noodles. This is a meal with simple ingredients but delicious,...
Shanghai fried chicken Flickr by Snowpea&bokchoi This is my favorite Chinese fried chicken recipe. It's easy to make and of course tasty. This recipe does not require any breading or batter at all. The chicken...
Steamed meatball is pretty common dim sum food. It can be made of beef, chicken, fish, shrimp or squid. My kid's favorite is steamed pork balls. They are soft, wonderful and flavorful. Fixing steamed meatballs at home...