Delicious Weight Watchers Dip Recipes
Creamy Spinach Dip (Low Fat)
Yield: 8 servings, 1 pt per serving
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/2 cup low fat ricotta
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (or to taste)
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup water chestnuts
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
Thaw spinach and squeeze out excess moisture. Drain and chop water chesnuts. Blend sour cream, ricotta, lemon juice, and garlic in food processor until smooth. Mix in salt and pepper. Pour to medium bowl and stir in spinach, water chestnuts, and scallions. Cover and chill at least one hour. Serve cold.
Spicy Southwest Dip (Fat Free)
Yield: 6 servings, 1 pt per serving
- 16 oz fat free small curd cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp pickle relish
- 1 tsp chili powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp cumin (or to taste)
Line a sieve with cheesecloth and place over a bowl, or use yogurt drainer. Place cottage cheese inside, let drain in refrigerator for two hours. Then, put cheese in blender or food processor and run until smooth and free of lumps. Add Worcester, chili sauce, and relish, mix until well blended. Mix in spices. Serve cold with veggies, pita, or tortilla chips (not included in point count).
Weight Watchers Workouts
One Mean Bean Dip (Low Fat)
Yield: 40 servings, 1 pt per serving
- 15.5 oz can black beans
- 15.5 oz can red beans
- 1 tsp canola or vegetable oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup mild picante salsa
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup grated part-skim monterey jack cheese
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
Rinse and drain beans, then mash in bowl with potato masher. Fry onion and garlic in oil until onions start to turn clear-ish, then add all other ingredients except cheese and lime juice. Stir, cooking over medium heat about 5 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients, until cheese has thoroughly melted. Serve warm with reduced-fat tortilla chips (not included in point count).
Pineapple Salsa (Fat Free)
Yield: 4 servings, 1 pt per serving
- 3/4 cup grilled pineapple, diced
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp red onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger root, chopped
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 fresh clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (optional)
Combine ingredients, add chili powder to taste. Depending on sugar content of the pineapple, add more vinegar as desired. Chill at least 30 minutes. Serve cold.
Other Recipes You Might Like
More by this Author
Recipes for no-guilt sweets and treats for those counting Weight Watchers points: Brownies, Shakes, Slushies, and Cookies galore!
Weight Watching is easy with crockpot recipes for Lasagna, Chicken Stroganoff, Beef Stew, and Tortilla Soup!
The best tasty recipes for quick and easy fat-free cookies, including Oatmeal-Raisin, Oatmeal-Brownie, Orange-Cranberry, Pumpkin-Raisin, and Oatmeal-Ginger.