How to make the yummiest & easiest chocolate mousse
Looking for the best chocolate recipe? You've come to the right place!
"Mousse" in French means "foam", & who wouldn't love creamy chocolate converted into a delectable double chocolate mousse!
Well buck up you all choco-holics, because I have here the easiest & yummiest recipe to satisfy your palate :)
The recipe is both easy & quick, so you can whip up a batch before tea & have it after dinner. I often use the same recipe to surprise my family & they absolutely love it!
Recipe for Double Chocolate Mousse
Try out this recipe & I'm sure it will quickly become a family favorite.
What you will need:
- 175 grams of dark chocolate
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 4 eggs- separated
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons of Castor sugar (more depending on your taste)
- 2 1/2 dessert spoons cream
- Cherries & chocolate shavings for decorating
What to do:
- Break the 175 grams of chocolate into quarters & melt them over a hot bath, (this is when you simmer water in a large pot & place a bowl on its rim, so that the chocolate is gently melted through steam).
- When the entire chocolate melts, take off the bowl from heat & add 2 tablespoons of butter. Keep stirring with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Add two egg yolks one by one, keep stirring. You may add a dash of hot water if the mixture begins to harden up.
- Spoon in 2 1/2 tablespoons of sugar, then the two left over yolks. Stir until well combined & the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Mix in 2 1/2 dessertspoons full of cream, stir well & set aside.
- Now take the 4 egg whites in a large clean bowl, whisk well until foamy & stiff peaks are formed. (This usually takes about 10-15 minutes when using spiral whisk)
- Start adding the whipped egg whites gradually in the mousse, mixing until just combined using soft folding strokes.
- Pour out in tall glasses & let set in refrigerator for at least 45 minutes.
- Decorate with whipped cream, chocolate shavings or cherries on top.
Check out a few helping tips below, before you make the mousse..
Check out the link to view a chocolate mousse being prepared by an expert chef
And if you're in mood to convert your lovely mousse into a delectable cake then follow the steps
Want another helping? Here's more
Before you start making the mousse..
Keep in mind these small tips for a wonderful mousse every time:
Melt the chocolate gently and never overheat it.
Whisk the egg white so that a soft froth forms, to trap the air bubbles trapped for a light textured mousse.
Make sure the sugar granules have completely dissolved. Nobody likes the sugary texture in a mousse.
- Folding rather than mixing the whites & the mousse mixture is extremely important for making a fine mousse. Otherwise you'll just end up with gooey paste!!
- Do not tap the glasses when you pour in the mousse or the airy creamy mixture would plop to the bottom, in case the air bubbles dissolve.
Don't forget to add in your comments or personal experiences..:)
More by this Author
As I gazed towards the sky, witnessing thick dark clouds gathering close, shunning the bright sun out & lapsing the city into near darkness. The sounds of rumbling clouds rang in my ears as I rushed out in time to...
The delicious creamy taste of fruits blended with yogurt gives smoothies a special zing. Loved by one and all, be it children or adults banana smoothies are the yummiest snack food. They also go well with other snack...
A scrumptious blueberry cheese cake The famous Austrian-born American actress Hedy Lamarr once said, "Because you don't live near a bakery doesn't mean you have to go without cheesecake." That is quite...