Pakistani Chicken Tikka Recipe
Well there are obviously man blogs out there offering quality recipes to the world cuisine but I think Pakistani food is one you would really like to taste.Well this hub will offer you the most renowned Pakistani recipe, which is chicken BBQ.
To describe Pakistani food you don't need words all you need is some basic cooking skills and when you are done with any of the recipe and then taste it, the taste will describe it all.But just to give you a hint Pakistani food is full of traditional spices and will surely serve your apetite.
Now this one is quite easy and also the most adored and widely eaten food in Pakistan, this one you should really try out,also one of my favourite "The Chicken Tikka" (Chicken BBQ). But done Pakistani style lets start with the ingredients.
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breast; boneless and skinlesss 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breast; boneless and skinlesss
- Salt; to taste Salt; to taste
- 1 teaspoon chile powder 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, ground 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, ground
- 2 tablespoons lime juice 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons oil 2 tablespoons oil
- 2/3 cup yogurt 2/3 cup yogurt
- lime slices; to garnish lime slices; to garnish
- Rinse chicken the chicken thoroughly and dry clean with paper towels. Now cut the chicken into 3/4 inch cubes. Thread these cubes into skewers. Put the skewered chicken into a shallow non metal dish.
- In a small bowl now, mix together yogurt, garlic, ginger root, coriander, chili powder, salt, lime juice and oil. Pour this mixture over skewered chicken coating it completely and uniformly.
- Marinade the chicken by covering and refrigerating for 6 hours or overnight. This will allow the chicken to absorb all the flavors of your spices.
- Now prepare the grill by heating before you can place the skewered chicken on it. Place skewered chicken on grill rack once it is sufficiently heated and cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Chicken gets tender immediately, so make sure, the grill is not very hot or it will start to burn the chicken. Turn the skewers during cooking to make sure it is cooked uniformly also add oil from time to time, this will give a good flavor to the chicken.
- You can also add tomatoes and onions in the skewer if doing BBQ. These smoked vegetables when eaten with the chicken give a heavenly taste.
- In the end garnish the chicken with lime slices.
- Enjoy your meal.
NOTE: If some one wants he can BBQ the chicken instead of grilling it . It will really change the taste. Chicken Tikka is originaly a BBQ recipe so for best results BBQ it.
More by this Author
Pakistani cuisine is as diverse as its people. Among the drinks or beverages consumed in Pakistan, lassi, is quite popular. It is a traditional Pakistani dairy beverage, originally from Punjab, made by blending yoghurt...
A cake is often described as a sweet dish, often baked, that represents celebration and happiness. For centuries people have been making cakes on special occasions to represent their joys. Today however cake is not...
History is full of legends that still mystify and entertain. These legends come from cultures all over the world. Some are held as strong beliefs, while others have faded away with time. The...