Eating Habits

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (22 posts)
  1. profile image0
    SirDentposted 13 years ago

This is for those athesits who believe that life began in a sludge pond and evolution is what has brought everyone to the place where we now are from a common ancestor.

When you eat a steak or any type of meat, do you feel guilty for being a cannibal?

1. profile image0
      crmhaskeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm a vegetarian.

Cannibalism is the eating of human flesh.  Eating meat is not cannibalism.

Today must be bigot's day or something.

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't ever recall seeing you write anything like this in replies to the crap atheists write about Jesus.

So tell me, does that make you a bigot?

1. profile image0

Evidently you have not read everything that I have written.  In fact, my second ever post on this forum was in response to Adsense Strategies' too harsh criticism of paarsurrey's monotheistic beliefs on the "who is god" thread that said "that was very uncalled for."

1. profile image0
            SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are right. I haven't seen everything you have written. in fact I have read nothing from you in the last two to three days.

1. profile image0

I haven't been around as often.  A combination of a lack of anything worth contributing to here, and being away from my computer a lot more lately.

2. profile image50
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friends

Christians are weird people; first they claim that they themselves killed Jesus on the Cross for atonement of their sins.

Then they say they eat flesh and blood of Jesus; that makes them cannibals if taken literally and physically.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

2. profile image50

Hi friend SirDent

My question to the Christians and Jews is ; when it is prohibited in Bible to eat flesh of swine; why do you people eat it?

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

3. profile image53
      (Q)posted 13 years agoin reply to this

An interesting point, SirDent, one that hinges on the fact that we are all from common ancestors. Well done.

Of course, that guilt is a small drop in the bucket for the guilt and shame we as humans have to bear for the millions and millions murdered in the name of gods over the centuries.

That my friend, is a real travesty.

4. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like Non Veg food smile

5. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A lot of believers accept this also Dent. It is only a few like yourself who deny the facts that are there. And these are real facts - not religious "facts".

We are related to the plants as well - so your question applies to all who eat anything. We share 50% of our DNA with bananas.

Sorry scientific facts scare you so much. But I am certain there is a way to twist your irrational beliefs to include the facts of evolution. Lots of religionists have had to adjust their beliefs to suit the facts. A "day" is no longer a "day" - it is an indeterminate amount of time to suit the facts. wink

Go on - you can do it. Never let go of those beliefs when facts contradict them. Just "interpret" it to suit. lol

And no - I don't feel guilty. This is how the world works. New or ongoing life from the death of old. Well - except in your ridiculous belief system where you can over ride this natural law.

6. humagaia profile image59
      humagaiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What makes you think that I might feel guilty for being a cannibal? Mmmmmmmm barbequed buttocks, just throw on another one.

7. kmackey32 profile image65
      kmackey32posted 13 years agoin reply to this

no, I like meat.... lol

8. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I feel guilty whenever I eat anything.  I am a model! lollol

9. profile image50

Hi friend SirDent

Jesus at fish; as good as flesh; and the Christians eat flesh of Jesus- Son of Man. Who is a cannibal; Jesus or Christians?

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Mulsim

2. archdaw profile image60
    archdawposted 13 years ago

I normally stay out of the religious forums, but I don't understand why people can't just serve the most high?  It is not up to you or I who we worship, because judgment day will come.  I myself have a saying "I can get to hell all by myself, I don't need you to come along with me."  In short order let the people serve whom they may.  My "FATHER" will be the judge.

3. profile image0
    SirDentposted 13 years ago

I have had my rant and am now out o fhere for the night.

4. Rishy Rich profile image74
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

Holy shit, since when eating steak is considered as cannibalism? Yes, It can b considered as cannibalism from a Cow's point of view if that cow eats steak! Since u consider eating steaks as cannibalism, here comes the most intriguing question dent, are you a man or a cow??? roll

5. Kram Sttop profile image61
    Kram Sttopposted 13 years ago

If evolution were to be true in this context, then it would not be cannibalism... but rather it would be myself eating myself so that myself can thrive.

6. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

I love being a cannibal! Grrr!!!! Sir Dent, can I have your finger please? wink

1. Rishy Rich profile image74
      Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol dont scare him away from his own post

7. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

You may be on to something...

Wait, wasn't the Donner party made up of Christians?

http://www.utahcrossroads.org/DonnerParty/FAQ.htm

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)