jewelry packaging to make your work look really professional

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (23 posts)
  1. lcmolina profile image58
    lcmolinaposted 13 years ago

I'm making my own bijouterie line and now I'm trying to figure out which kind of packages would make my accesories look professional and cuter. I've seen many kinds of boxes, organza pouches, tags and cards but would like to get some feedback from people with more experience on what they consider the best option which doesn't raise the final cost of the products too much. If you have any suggestions please let me know, they'll be really appreciated!

1. susanlang profile image59
      susanlangposted 13 years agoin reply to this

May I recomend trying a cute box made out of painted bronzed toothpicks?  I have a hub on the many things you can do with toothpicks and they really are cost saving ideas. Just a thought. smile

lcmolinaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks for the ideas, I'm sure I can try to make boxes like those and see what my first customers think smile

Your.. you're very welcome Icmolina.  And good luck! smile wink

2. Shadesbreath profile image77
      Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The packaging should reflect the attitude of the demographic your product is targeting.  It should not be mired down by precedent so much as it should dare to speak loudly to a specific audience without fear of being ridiculed by non-target audiences.

Stuff it in a Twinkie, in the carcass of a dead cat, wrap it in gold leaf...   Who is your customer?

you're right about using packaging depending on that....
        I'll eat the Twinkie and won't mess with the dead cat though. Thanks anyway,  those were very creative and clever ideas!!!

3. nikki1 profile image60
      nikki1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Consider matching gift box with the jewelry. If the jewelry is multi-colored pick the brightest or must dominate color. With matching gift card and a free small jewelry piece as a "thank you" gift attached to the ribbon/gift card.. big_smile

great ideas!! thank u so much...they have been really useful.

4. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think boxes are best.

2. susanlang profile image59
    susanlangposted 13 years ago

Hmmm.. that was thought provoking shadesbreath. Stuff it in a Twinkie, in the carcass of a dead cat? Oh, I'm sure if she stuffs it in a dead cat millions will want to buy it. Or...did I miss something here? lol

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
      Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Was making a point.  lol.

But, if you're going to hang me on that one, I will say that if she's making jewelry that she wants to market to an Appalachian sub-segment market that subsists on road kill and possum pie, a dead cat would be the perfect packaging.  It's all about the "purple cow" as Seth Godin says.

lol Now that was really funny Shadesbreath, ok..you win. Thanks for today's good laugh..that truly was funny. lol

2. susanlang profile image59

Oh and... Shadesbreath... I'ed like some sound facts on real people you seem to suggest may live on eating dead rotting road kill..if you have any that is?  I may want to do a story on this. Thanks in advance.  wink  smile

3. galleryofgrace profile image71
    galleryofgraceposted 13 years ago

I always wanted to try displaying some jewelry on posters. Framed prints of Mona Lisa for example with an earrings, necklace and bracelet set. Still might try it one day. I think it would look fabulous!

Interesting idea gallery. Might I suggest since your going to use the Mona Lisa, put some makeup on her poster? Then you could start a makeup line too!  Hey.. we could go in partnership together...you do the jewelry and I'll handle the makeup end of things. smile wink

2. lcmolina profile image58

that sounds like a really cool thing to do. I think I'll do it!!

4. profile image52
    moonfairyglassposted 13 years ago

Ok, crazy ideas aside.  Yes, you do want to represent an image that is the heart of your creations and makes a good match.
    Your packaging would also do well to have your name on it.
    The more your customer sees your name, the more they will remember and the more they will spread your name out there!
    Think, someone buys your piece, wheres it to work and their friends say where did you get that or who is the artist?  You want them to remember instantly!
    Also, if you have unusual pieces that require specific care in cleaning, print up little instructions.  There may not be a special cleaning process, but by adding those instructions, your customers knows that you care about the long term customer relationship and stand by your products.
    Last but not least, PLEASE package your products so that your customer feels like they are buying something special or one of a kind.  You could give away 1 glass bead, but when it's wrapped like the most expensive gemstone, you feel special. I've had incredible feedback from something as simple as wedding guest boxes that are supposed to be used as treats but fit my Glass lampwork beads wrapped in tissue and accented with a matching ribbon bow! You can usually buy 50 for under $20 and they come with the ribbons, just fold and stuff!
    Good Luck,
    moonfairyglass.com

1. profile image53
      oxcart jewelryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I found some inexpensive "packages" at usbox.com, but I'd like to know if anyone else can share their suppliers with me.  This might not be the right thread, but I'm also looking for jewelry displays - those sumptuous black velvet cases that look professional and keep ones inventory perpetually visible and available.

5. Amieazing profile image58
    Amieazingposted 13 years ago

There's a shop on ebay where you can find cute little bags tied with ribbon at the top. Just type in jewellery bags in the search bar and they should come up. Theyre like 50p per bag and come in different sizes and colours smile

6. noniebdavis profile image77
    noniebdavisposted 13 years ago

I think boxes are best. I buy the plain white boxes and use a rubber stamp that I have a custom logo on. Then depending on the size of the box I use other rubber stamps to stamp designs on the box. For example, if it's a necklace with a butterfly pendant, I would use my logo stamp on the top of the lid, and then use a butterfly stamp in a few locations around the logo to decorate the box.  Once you have a nice set of rubber stamps and markers (for inking the stamps with different colors) it's a very cheap and easy way to make unique boxes for each item you have. Make sure you get matte boxes and not glossy though, otherwise it's very easy to smudge the ink while it's wet. Hope this idea helps, and good luck!

1. myawn profile image62
      myawnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sounds like a nice idea I think you you might hang them from from a pretty card too.

7. Loving Liberty profile image61
    Loving Libertyposted 13 years ago

I came up with a super cute idea. I was shopping at Walmart and was looking for those cute little organza bags. Then my mom picked up a bulb shaped snack bag made from cellophane from the wedding craft section. She said look at this. You get 100 for $3. When I got them home and put my necklace in it the shape was adorable. They come with silver twisty ties, but I'm thinking about using green satin ribbon to match my business card that I place in the package. Which fits perfectly and is displayed nicely and centered. It was a happy accident!

8. danielleantosz profile image73
    danielleantoszposted 12 years ago

I agree with most of the previous posters.  I sell recycled art, so I package my work in hand made newspaper bags.  I make hand made tags out of old beer cases (it works, I promise) It really does depend upon your demographic.  Most of all, be unique!  Stand out, make people want to order from you again.  Much luck.

D

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)