Money does matter~

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (37 posts)
  1. profile image52
    zackdrillposted 13 years ago

Hello,

Why life is complicated without money? Broadly, speaking nothing can be done without having a coin in your pocket.

Money over powers us, doesn't it make any sence to anyone?

I think I am not alone in this boat to sail?

Your comments please.

Zackdrill

1. ediggity profile image61
      ediggityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If everyone decided money didn't matter, it wouldn't.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

it isnt the oil, but it helps in basic needs and if you are not satisfied with your basic needs then theres a prob
      it boils down to expectations and wants thar are simple
      You can still be happy -- if you want to be happy

2. ShoppingIncognito profile image60
    ShoppingIncognitoposted 13 years ago

Money doesn't matter once you have it...otherwise - and unfortunately - it's all that matters.

3. Arthur Fontes profile image75
    Arthur Fontesposted 13 years ago

There have been times in my life when I had an abundance of money.  At other times I had very little to none.

The happiest and most memorable times was when I was working with a low budget.

Everything is much more appreciated the harder it is to acquire I guess.

4. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

If it "matters"?

I wrote a hub about "money".

http://hubpages.com/hub/misconception-t … r-of-money

5. Origin profile image60
    Originposted 13 years ago

Well... this is coming from a guy that had a professional good paying job before the recession, got laid off, and now is working overnight stocking shelves. Yes, I miss having a grand surplus of extra money... it gives you the opportunity to go out to eat, buy a movie, go to a restaurant, invest, etc. These days I'm living check to check, and I don't have any extra money at all. Thankfully I'm geeky enough to earn money online, it's buying me at least some forms of entertainment.

1. profile image52
      zackdrillposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hello,

I am in the same boat as yours. Redundancy during recession is very common. My employer decided to relocate the company somewhere else where the labour is cheaper. So we were laid off many as 10 in my department. It was sad story. I think some are lucky but most of us are not exceptional to recession and redundancy. But, life has to go on, my thoughts are how to cope with the bills, education cost of the kids, pay the house rent so on. We still need money to meet our basic needs. That can't be sorted that quickly or won't expect the final cheque will last for ever. I wish I can make some money like you online.

6. Rafini profile image83
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

Money doesn't matter - people do

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Try living without any of it and see how far you get? hmm It matters.

1. Rafini profile image83
        Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've never really had money - any time I have a job it pays just enough for me to pay the bills.

7. Cagsil profile image71

That is my point. It matters, otherwise....where would you be?

smile  money matters for the materialistic personality, otherwise, as I said, money doesn't matter people do - because if you don't have enough money to be materialistic the people in your life matter more than anything else.

And, you're still missing the point. I understand what you are saying. hmm

I guess, we can chalk it up to the never mind "category". sad Enjoy!

8. Cagsil profile image71

Seriously, read my article. It's about the Misconception people have about money. smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i'll read it .... now

9. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

Hey Cagsil - read your article - what do you mean re 'make a wish...1% vs 5%'?  looking for clarification.

Make A Wish Foundation uses roughly 1% of it's total revenue versus 5% minimum requirement by federal guidelines.

I do not know of any new studies to apply to this, however, there was one study done in 2000. The review was to evaluate all non-profit and charitable organizations that do business within U.S. borders.

The Make A Wish Foundation, that year, used 1% of the total revenue received, for what was claim it was used for. It was TOP out of 200 companies.

do you mean they used 1% for charitable purposes - i don't know what the 'min. requirement' is.

Yes, they used 1% for charitable purposes. The FEDERAL guideline/regulation requires them to use a minimum 5% of total revenue towards what they claim to do. hmm

WOW!!!!!!!!!!  not in Canada!!!!!!!!  I only look at the regs once a year when our auditors submit a charitable return (kinda like a tax return)- I sign it - I think it is 75% - you have me thinking and I'll look soon at what our forms stipulate - about to go through our annual audit at work.  I really think 75% is the no.  And so, I do know that a red flag would be raised if that no. isn't met.  foundations, for example - not sure exactly how they work - you know they invest etc and when they distribute money to NPO's it must be for charitable purposes.  Haven't worked for a foundation - so that could look different - but I'm sure the regs are still tight here in Canada.

Canada tightened up its regs a few years back because of money laundering in relation to drugs.  it was too easy to start a charity and not do anything except launder drug/crime related money.  And the same with the banks - they tightened up to - e.g. can't deposit more than 5k in cash otherwise they think its drug money.  At least that is what the bank regs were last time I looked.

Comments?

Well, that's the difference. In the U.S. government regulations is nothing but a failure, across the board. A prime example was the collapse of the banking institutions, which lead to the collapse of the Economy into what I call a "depression" era, but is called a "recessionary period".

So, I was talking in the U.S. borders. It's nice to see Canada is a bit more stricter. hmm

i've written more below - but now I realize we are talking about Foundations.

Non-profit companies/agencies/organizations/foundations and Charitable companies/agencies/organizations/foundations are the same things.

They are only labeled for tax purposes. Exact same type services- all assistance to give benefits to citizens. Those benefits can be anything from writing paper and pens/pencils for students or donations made to other companies, on behalf of citizens so they can receive the services of the other company.

It's complex, but boils down to them failing to make the grade. And show the abuses of an supposed regulated system. hmm

2. Rafini profile image83

How do you find this information?  There is an organization I'm interested in looking into.

Look into the federal regulation laws setup for business to operate. When looking, non-profit/charitable organizations.

You might even find out about what the "advocate" groups do with their money too. And, you might see that they do not match up either. lol

But, you should be able to begin by the U.S. Official Website, specific business laws.

Thank you, Cagsil. smile  I'll see what I can find.

10. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

i think the issue is 'foundations' and what they are up to - tax shelters and then distributing very small % to charities - scam - but....in Canada they are catching up to that.  And paying 'fundraisers' outrageous amounts that are hidden off shore.  But, that isn't the charities necessarily here because of the regs I referred to - that 75% figure.

scam is the wrong word - criminal activity is the correct definition of what those Foundations are really up to.

11. Cagsil profile image71

It might be quicker if you google federal regulations.

But, non-profit and charitable organizations should be listed. I do not have a link off hand. Sorry. hmm

12. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I assure you that money cannot make you happy. I've been wealthy and middle class, but never poor. I was unhappiest when I was wealthy! Perhaps I'd feel differently if I'd ever experienced poverty.  ??

yes, to know true happiness one must know poverty....smile lol

13. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

money matters because we humans have made it matter.
    if rocks were deemed valuable and could be exchanged for goods, then rocks would matter.
    and too much money  causes problems of its own roll

14. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Rocks do matter - if they happen to be gold, diamonds, rubies, or emeralds! lol

15. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I dunno, Rafini, I'm pretty darn happy!

16. Cagsil profile image71

Money only cause problems for people when they lack the know how of understanding it's power, for which, brings a lack of respect for it's power.

Those who understand the power and respect it, can use it to benefit others. Those who do not, are greedy/selfish/ego-maniacs and down right mean.

By the way, if matters....rocks matter. They actually do have a value. hmm

17. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

It is the love of money that we have deemed important and isn't if funny how down through history that has always been the guiding force for how people live their lives our lives?

You are correction in that, which should be most important to us is either ignored or taken for granted;

* Being alive
    * Having good health
    * Mind & body focued
    * Sunlight and a good nights sleep
    * Clean water to drink

and more..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)