who do you think is the most helpful and friendly hubber?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (58 posts)
  1. chinweike profile image60
    chinweikeposted 13 years ago

I took time to take account of all that i have learnt from hubpages and was wondering whom to attribute such success to. Hubpages gave me more than i ever expected from any online community.

However, you that is reading this hub is to me the most freindly and helpful hubber.

RUGGED YOU HUBLICIOUS HUBBER!

1. Fluffymetal profile image76
      Fluffymetalposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think a lot that play on the forums are friendly.  I mean that how we get to know each other.  I love the interaction.  It is my life.  The one's that point out in post accomplishments of other hubbers are so cool.

1. bonny2010 profile image61
        bonny2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

pretty dark horse, she is caring, funny and write great hubs

2. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

Cagsil, AEvans, Frogdropping

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you KCC and Shadesbreath. smile

3. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

I agree with the above, and I'll throw Misha on this list.

4. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Awww, thanks Shades! smile

I would add Sunforged to the list. smile

Actually I also would add Mark Knowles, Darkside, and Relache - but 'm afraid not everybody will agree with me on those lol

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 13 years agoin reply to this

not everyone, but I know Ive seen them all be real helpful.

2. Shadesbreath profile image77
      Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Definitely on all counts.  I think I annoy Relache a little, though.  I suspect she is not a fan of my lazy, slackerness. Can't say if I had that kind of motivation, I wouldn't frown at my ilk too.  lol.

1. relache profile image72
        relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't really have an opinion about you one way or the other.

I will say this... Some people get on my case for not coddling to newbies, but given the choice of wiping people's butts for them, or just pointing out the toilet paper, I have to say I'm going to default to the latter.

I also have to say I agree with the people who don't equate friendliest and most helpful.  Some of the friendliest folks on this site are quite vapid, and some of the most helpful ones are often near invisible.

1. Sab Oh profile image56
          Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"given the choice of wiping people's butts for them, or just pointing out the toilet paper, I have to say I'm going to default to the latter."

What are you doing in their bathroom in the first place?

chinweikeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hehehe, so funny a question.

2. Shadesbreath profile image77

Oh don't worry about my bubble.  I had no illusions that you carry thoughts of little old me around with you in your days.  My comment was based entirely on the tone of replies I have gotten that read a bit like the way some folk's faces look as they carry rodent corpses to the trash. That's all I meant. And I do get it, as I am one of those villains who will give up searching for an answer after about three topic searches, too lazy to try to discover the right term to describe the process I don't know.  But, I do appreciate the directions to the toilet paper roll, as I often need them.  It's the most fun to paw at the end of it dangling there.  Sometimes, if you spin it really fast it shoots out and makes a papery puddle that spills all over and gets back behind the toilet where it's kinda yucky.  Which is fun and gross.

(This is not meant to insinuate that you would worry about my bubble either, btw.)

1. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

3. katiem2 profile image60
          katiem2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks shadesbreath, I'm laughing....smile  wink

3. darkside profile image64
      darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd agree with helpful. The friendly bit is debatable.

5. Highvoltagewriter profile image67
    Highvoltagewriterposted 13 years ago

The Darkside helped me a lot when I was new..

6. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

Greek One always has time for me

1. Sab Oh profile image56
      Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's because he loves you.

1. Greek One profile image64
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

literally!

2. mrpopo profile image73
      mrpopoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe he has tons of time cause the Leafs never make the playoffs? tongue

Just saying...

7. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 13 years ago

Pretty Dark Horse hands down.

8. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 13 years ago

To be very honest, 'helpful' and 'friendly' don't often go together on HP.... hence I can think of totally different names for each category. Except, I don't like naming a few, when many deserve to be mentioned. So, thank you to all...who take time to offer valuable advice and to those who make it such a fun place to be! smile

you're welcome

1. myownworld profile image73
        myownworldposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile you have the best sense of humor no doubt....! wink

and in saying that, you prove that you too have a great sense of humor!

tongue

2. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I didn't forget you MOW.  I was waiting for you to make a showing and poof! ther ya were.

3. rmcrayne profile image91
      rmcrayneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are so right.  Someone who is fairly new to me, and definitely helpful [i]and[/] friendly is englightenedsoul.  A real sweetie.

9. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Helpful and friendly...why look no further than yours truly!!!

I blow my own trumpet do do do!

damn i wish i was that flexible

1. Shadesbreath profile image77

Do you sometimes watch a dog or a cat and just sigh?

ive been with a few dogs that have made me sigh

2. waynet profile image69
          waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Some cats and dogs have an easy life and no rent to pay and then they lick their own arse for fun!

2. waynet profile image69

Wishing won't make it happen....lots of yoga will!...now do I spit or swallow!?

depends.. do you know where you've been?

1. waynet profile image69

No, it was dark in there!

i would be careful.

In this day and age, you can't trust yourself

At least I found a christmas tree in here!

2. myownworld profile image73

I dare not! you and Greek have me cornered...!  ok.. ok... I'll say it, just don't hurt me! yikes

10. Highvoltagewriter profile image67

I thought the Greeks had it like that, I must of been thinking of the Indians!

11. Highvoltagewriter profile image67

Dead or alive waynet?

It was alive!!!!!!!!!!! and had a few baubles on it too!!!!!

12. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I have to agree with what others have said: friendly and helpful don't always go together. I'm friendly, but I'm not very helpful most of the time because I'm a tech dummy! If I can help, I do, however.

chinweikeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah

13. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

Edweirdo and Sunforged for me:D

14. profile image0
    Audreveaposted 13 years ago

Sunforged, Darkside, Mark Knowles, Misha & there's another whose name I can't quite remember (sorry..)

Anyway - those 4 mentioned will always give you an answer if you are genuine in asking.

15. watchya profile image60
    watchyaposted 13 years ago

paarsurrey

Very peaceful big_smile

16. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

helpful lots of them -- through the hubs they shared and other helpful remarks on the forums
    Mark Knowles, sunforged, edweirdo, relache, Marissa Wright, darkside, livewithrichard, Misha, ryankett

and others who respond to questions in the forum

1. jite profile image40
      jiteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

besides you,most helpful n friendly hubbers are all whome I am following.

17. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I would go with a lot of the mostly active people.

Sunforged, Darkside, Ohma, Misha, Mywebs, Marissa, Relache and many others. smile

18. torimari profile image67
    torimariposted 13 years ago

^^That guy. Misha, sunforged, relache, that old gentlemen whose name escapes me...many.

19. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

http://www.greengeckofilms.com/waitinggame/The_waiting_game_logo.jpg

1. Shadesbreath profile image77

Clearly the Greek One is the MOST helpful of all hubbers.  Probably more helpful than all hubbers combined.  Possibly more helpful than all hubbers can ever be even if we quantified all past, present and future hubbers' helpfulness output together.

How's that?

1. myownworld profile image73

big_smile Perfect! And to add to that, he's also immortal.... eternally so!  In fact, let's have a statue in his name...even have a sacrifice of some sort at the edifice...

How's that Greek God...? wink

20. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

Sufidreamer.

21. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

If I have to choose just one single hubber, then it has to be Darkside, he has taught me the most and is a great bloke... I am looking forward to not being so busy, so I can drop him a decent line again.

But, by choosing just one, I am leaving out numerous great hubbers who have helped me out a lot in the past.... so I can't blame those who sit on the fence with these types of questions!

22. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

lol lol lol lol

Not to mention, a complete falsehood. smile wink If that helps any. lol lol

23. Sparhawke profile image61
    Sparhawkeposted 13 years ago

I don't know many members but of those I do know I would have to mention Rebecca.E & Relache, simply because those are the names I know how to spell without problems lol

I will comment here on Relaches statement too:

I also have to say I agree with the people who don't equate friendliest and most helpful.  Some of the friendliest folks on this site are quite vapid, and some of the most helpful ones are often near invisible.

~~

I have found that often it is the most direct amongst us are those who give the best advice more often than not, they pull no punches and don't entreat people to listen to them. They let their words and advice speak for themselves...though there is no excuse for blatant rudeness, I always follow it up with a tongue smiley :p

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)