Who is your neighbor?

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (43 posts)
  1. elayne001 profile image77
    elayne001posted 13 years ago

I know you spend quite a bit of time here on Hubpages making friends and following people. But, how good of a neighbor are you to the real human beings that live closest to you? Do you even know them. Who really is your neighbor?

1. suny51 profile image61
      suny51posted 13 years agoin reply to this

we live in a block of a 40 houses,10 in a row and a beautiful park with trees,  plants and walking path and every thing a park may have,in between and as I love  to walk  in the morning I get to meet many of them there, every day,so i know many of them, our next door neighbor is a police officer and is out most of the time so I know him by face only and a rare 'hi', his wife  sure is a talkative one .

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I know quite a lot of them.  But not really well personally.  Sometimes it takes a while to really get to know someone.  We've only lived in this town a little over a year, and most of my close acquaintances and friends are in other towns.  But it's already been interesting, as it always is meeting new people.

3. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I make a point of never associating with anyone living close to me.  Personal experience I suppose.  Also my home is my sanctuary and besides the 2 of us no one at all has ever set foot inside.

1. tony0724 profile image60
        tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Kimberly wanna be my neighbor ?

1. profile image0

INDEED!

sleep overs?

2. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 13 years ago

um.... guilty! neutral

3. Polly C profile image91
    Polly Cposted 13 years ago

My neighbours are a lovely couple, she is from France and he is Danish. They have a lovely little girl and in the summer we open the gate in the fence that seperates our gardens and we play together.

We have a window cleaner who likes talking about the weather, a garage of mechanics at the end of the road who fetch our car for us when we need to take it in...actually I think it is quite neighbourly here  smile

4. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

I've no idea i moved here this month. hmm

5. lorlie6 profile image71
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

My neighbors are a kick in the butt, I must say.  In fact, I've been meaning to write a hub about them though I know them very little.  I listen to this 60ish pair every day bickering relentlessly and wonder how a married couple can stand to live that way.
    To each his own, I suppose!

6. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

I actually know everyone on our block, and a few from around the neighborhood.  My wife and I sit outside and have drinks most evenings, especially in summer, and several of the neighbors come join us.  Plus, the exercise walkers and the dog walkers know us, at least by site and waves and brief exchanges.  There's only a few couples in the five or six houses in either direction that we don't know very well.  One is this grumpy, snarly faced guy who is just a stinkface, snot-horking ball of negative energy, and a super-churchy family across the street, who are polite enough, but seem pretty clearly not to approve of the rest of us sinners.  lol.

7. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

Live in an apartment building... you don't speak to people you do not know in saudi, you could open one huge can of worms.... You certainly don't try to speak to any of the women.....

So I know nobody in my building...

8. wychic profile image85
    wychicposted 13 years ago

I know everybody! Granted, this is a small town and there are about 15 units in this housing complex. I know everyone in the housing complex and the people in all the houses across the road from our townhouse, but then...in this town, if you don't know someone you introduce yourself, because people that aren't known around here make a lot of people nervous.

9. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 13 years ago

Well my mom is my closet neighbor since her room is across the hall from mine but as far as our neighbors outside go ... well to the right of us is my grandma and papa and I have known them for some almost 27 years and then to the left of us is my family in law from my papa's sisters husband. then to the left of them is my aunt and uncle the sister of my papa. Needless to say I know my neighbors really well lol

Got to love family land.

10. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 13 years ago

My neighbors are Bryan and Nina and they have three of the cutest little girls. The girls love me now since I gave all of them cute little bags of sugar products at Halloween. Now I am their hero !And I know my other neighbors too. I am kinda a chatterbox ! smile

11. lightning john profile image60
    lightning johnposted 13 years ago

My neighbors are two lesbians that are really good people basically! They get a little to inquisitive at times. Other than that they are pretty cool.

12. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

My neighbors are two elderly sisters who live together. They've been there forever, and I grew up with their boys. Across the street, I have a seriously scary-crazy neighbor!

13. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 13 years ago

I have a bikie Mark on the right who rides a Harley, a woman with 3 kids on the left who swears all day long, a woman with 5 kids to all different fathers across the road and behind are two lesbians with 2 kids.

1. Paradise7 profile image68
      Paradise7posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You really do have interesting neighbors.  I live in an apartment building, and two of the other tenants are my mother and my aunt, respectively.  So I know THEM!  I also have two people in different apartments that haven't quite mastered the English language yet, because they are from somewhere else, and that always makes for a unique conversation.  I haven't the least idea what they're trying to tell me.  I just nod my head, frequently, and hope that's the right response.

The other people in the building aren't very outgoing and keep very much to themselves.  That's ok.

2. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like it's time to move!  smile

1. blondepoet profile image68
        blondepoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lol Logic I quite like it as everyone keeps to themselves and I get rides on the Harley hehe.

1. profile image0

MY GOD GIRL

STAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

I know three of my neighbors.  The couple behind me - the man is partially deaf...I think he said he's a retired police officer or fire fighter...can't remember which, and he found God about 20 years ago when he tried to commit suicide.  The older lady across from me is retired and is bipolar.  Yesterday I met the woman who lives next to me - her family is Hispanic and they don't speak English very well.

15. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 13 years ago

We know our neighbors they are some of our closest friends , we know there fanilies etc. smile

16. nikipa profile image63
    nikipaposted 13 years ago

Living in an apartament building I have many neighbours of all ages.
    They all are very nice people.

17. DevLin profile image60
    DevLinposted 13 years ago

I'm over 50, long hair, don't shave regularly, and work part-part-time. I'm more of a suspect. They don't talk to me.

18. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Well, the homes on both sides of me are empty as they are just holiday homes, but I sort of know the families across the street...a mix of British expats and some Spanish. We all say hello or hola to each other every day but we're not any closer than that. The people keep changing - expats go home and new ones arrive - and the Spanish seem to move around a fair bit too.
    Small community so everyone already knows too much about each other!

19. torimari profile image66
    torimariposted 13 years ago

I have some nice Turkish neighbors next to us. They always wave and the little granny is always dressed up in some kind of traditional (I assume) Turkish-wear. Neighbors across the street are middle age with 2 twin boys who are rather young (7/8). They are pretty rude unfortunately (at least the husband). Also, have some neighbors with a bunch of kids across from us that are ok but keep to themselves and than at the other end is a new Indian family who are pleasant. Other than a wave or slight chat, that is as much interaction I have with my neighbors.

20. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

my neighbors are pretty wild. wild turkeys, bobcats, deer, a skunk or two, coyote, couple of owls, a squirrel, some bluebirds, finches, woodpeckers and bluejays (and a bunch of other birds). closest humans are half a mile or so away and that's the way I like it, uh huh, uh huh!

Oh wow I am packing as we speak. smile

1. mega1 profile image78
        mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

if you like, you can watch some sexy turkeys on my latest hub!  sexy, funny, turkeys I should say! "Turkeys Love Dance" its called.

1. Pearldiver profile image69
          Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's NOT the correct translation of "Gobble-Gobble-Gobble" yikes

1. mega1 profile image78

Gulp!

2. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, except for the bobcats, I pretty much have the same neighbor situation.  Occasionally a mountain lion may stroll through the neighborhood, but I don't bother him and he doesn't bother me.  The nearest humans are a mile away and no one complains when I go get the mail in just my shoes! smile

1. mega1 profile image78

you win! I have a road where an occasional car passes - wouldn't want to scare anyone with my only my boots on!

Hahah Megs now that I got to see. Megs walking around like Eve

21. H.C Porter profile image79
    H.C Porterposted 13 years ago

The guy across the street has a prosthetic nose- the one next to him is a retired fire-chief (although he pays more in taxes a month than I make in a years, so I am suspicious of how he has so much money)-there is something up with that?)- The lady on the other side of the man with the prosthetic nose is missing a leg-There is a man who has served a prison sentence for Aggravated Sexual Assault with a Child- And a couple Bob and Barbara who walk around the block 5 times a day and then finally The man next door is 80+ years old/ very nice-and kind of entertaining and funny without even knowing it (I’ve seen him walk around his yard wearing a wife beater with a gun shoved into his khaki shorts which he wears pulled up to his breast bone). big_smile

22. ramkkasturi profile image60
    ramkkasturiposted 13 years ago

In India generally we know each other in the community. Sometimes may be too much. But now where I live it is all multistories so I can't say we know all of them but a reasonable number. I have a doctor whose ortho guy. Too many doctors. We have Couple of guys who are bankers.

In US too I used to slog a lot on  weekends in my lawn in the front, weeding and making a garden, not because I was good but it is out of interest. Others had it done by professionals, but they all would drop by and say nice things about my flowers. Their little girls will come.Interestingly unitil recently we were in touch. 

May be the days have changed there too?

23. Origin profile image59
    Originposted 13 years ago

I know who a couple of my neighbors are, but I wouldn't hang out with them though (they are not very nice). The rest of them I only see outside and I might say "hi" or something, but nothing else.

24. luvpassion profile image63
    luvpassionposted 13 years ago

My neighbors are mostly military personel, though friendly everyone feels the need to salute...I mean literally not with a glass of wine. Just kidding, actually we don't stay in one spot long enough to really get to know our neighbors, I miss that.

25. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 13 years ago

We are friends with all surrounding neighbors and attend a monthly "supper club" among our neighborhood.

26. profile image0
    MyMoneyTalksposted 13 years ago

Our Neighbor is nick-named DJ Rave because he plays load music in the afternoons!

27. Jayne Lancer profile image92
    Jayne Lancerposted 13 years ago

Most of our neighbours are from the Middle East, only using their homes here for visits to London, so I've never really got to know them that well, if at all.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)