HubGoals

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (43 posts)
  1. EpicTreeHouse profile image60
    EpicTreeHouseposted 15 years ago

Does anyone have hubgoals?

Do you want to be a better community member or post more often?

How about traffic or income levels?

My goals are the following:
    251 hubs by May 1, 2009
    $1,000/month by June 30th of next year
    1,000,000 monthly page views by December 31st of next year.

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

My goals are:
      250 hubs by May 1,2009
      3000 amonth by Dec 2009
      5,000.000 page views to celebrate the new year.smile

EpicTreeHouseposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I've changed mine...251 hubs by May 1, 2009!  It's on!

Here we go !!! smile We can do it smilesmile:big_smile

2. Jerrico Usher profile image56
      Jerrico Usherposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I have goals but I'm not allowed to discuss them in the forum... people get upset for some reason... But you can read about them here:  http://hubpages.com/profile/SamurWriter

Jerrico

2. rancidTaste profile image63
    rancidTasteposted 15 years ago

For mine it may be the followings:
    50 hubs by January 1st of next year
    $[GA]/month by January 1st of next year
    10,000 monthly page views by January 1st of next year.

GA = Handsome Good Amount

I am actually a new born child to the oldest hubbers. So, my exception is not very high. But high for my hubs improvement. smile

3. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years ago

Setting a goal is always good. It gives you a zil to work relentlessly. But setting absurd goals fire back. It may cause to depression when we can not achieve it.
    I hope, we should set a realistic goal and thrive to achieve it as we do in the real life situations.

Jyoti Kothari

Jyoti. realistic or not it is simply abut having fun, big_smile it would by no means depress me or Epic if we didn't achieve it, it is simply for fun. smile

I'd be depressed if you had more hubs than I did though. smile

Jyoti, Don't be depressed as it is all in fun.smile

4. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60

Having fun is OK. I thought it is a real goal.
      Jyoti Kothari

5. Julie-Ann Amos profile image63
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 15 years ago

Joined in August...

100 hubs
    $100/month
    500 page views per day

all by end of the year

That is wonderful!!!smile

6. jimmythejock profile image82
    jimmythejockposted 15 years ago

My Goal is to have fun in the hubpages community writing hubs and taking part in the forums,making money is a bonus as is the chance to meet some really great people and fantastic writers......jimmy

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image63
      Julie-Ann Amosposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Now now, you're not entering into the spirit...

how many hubs, how many forums, how many people?

You tell him as he needs to get his bum in gear smile

7. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

My goal is to... what jimmy said!

big_smile

8. Whitney05 profile image84
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

Goals are great to set. It's easier to set small goals to lead up to the big goal. Now that you guys have the big goal, why not set mini goals leading up to your main goal.

9. EpicTreeHouse profile image60
    EpicTreeHouseposted 15 years ago

My goal for the month end is new hubs.  That means I'll need 25 hubs come december 1st!  How's that for a mini goal?

That is a great goal as you have 5 already , you can do it!!! my goal is 56 smile

Did you do one less than me on purpose?

No I did one today so I deducted smile

10. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 15 years ago

My HP goals are:

1. Someone with influence, contacts and money discovers my writing and facilitates the rest of whatever needs done to make me a nice living writing.

2. Some amazing hawt chick becomes enamored with my humor, gets in touch with my wife and convinces her that bringing a young hawt chick into our marriage is a good idea.

3.  Bring world peace and mutual respect to all people underpinned by good grammar and reading comprehension.

1. spryte profile image76
      spryteposted 15 years agoin reply to this

...and I was worried you'd be unreasonable....

I have no goals.  I'm goalless...completely.  I'm just going to write and see what happens.  smile

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
        Rochelle Frankposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yeah!!

2. agvulpes profile image85
        agvulpesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm with spryte. Although the hawt chick would be nice. I wonder what Rochelle is doing later ? cool

3. Whitney05 profile image84
        Whitney05posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Me too!

Although, lately I've been thinking of group topics, so to speak. One topic split into several hubs. It's been different because I'm used to putting all the info about a topic in one hub. I got the idea from my dog seizure hub that has been pretty good with traffic, so I figured a few dog cancer hubs split up but linked together would be interesting to see what traffic does. So I guess you could say that my goal is to do a few small series like this.

Whitney I know what you mean.  But it's tortuous.  I'm working on some capstone hubs, and a couple of series of my own which you'll see one of VERY soon but it's slow torture.  There is NO easy way to make linking capsules.  Think about it, if you do an overall index type hub, it can't go live until all the hubs are live.  And they don't make sense without the index (capstone).

It's a catch 22 and with my new series hopefully out by Monday I'm just gonna have to launch like 12 hubs one after another within minutes and hope the fans don't complain about their inboxes being flooded!

Do you have any traffic driving strategies for these hubs?

Also, with this style of "rapid fire" hub release do you expect to see massive traffic because they'll follow the whole series?  Does this increase adsense revenue?

1. Lissie profile image75
              Lissieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

My experience is that people don't follow the whole series: sometimes I will write a hub which get s a great readership from hubbers - this will often spawn hub2 and 3 depending on the questions asked - but rarely do I get anything like the readership on the follow ups - I do sometimes get new readers though ... As far as Google is concerned - which is where the real money is - it really doesnt matter when you publish

2. Julie-Ann Amos profile image63

No and no!  I actually think it's better to low release but with these linked ones it's not possible.  They have to go all in one.

I actually think they'll get less traffic than if I put them out say 1 per 3 days, but I may be wrong

2. Lissie profile image75
            Lissieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'll keep an eye out for it to see what you mean - I have a couple of "capstone" (principal not official) series going at the moment -and I am just randomly publishing them and then go back and edit in the links as I need them.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90

Good grief, Shades!
        You ONLY aim for recognition, money, adulation immoral physical gratification, decepetion, world peace, understanding, comprehension AND  good grammar. Good grief, I repeat, redundantly.
      Are you trying to be Miss California?

My goals are to let my goals find me.
      I only hope to be in the right place at the right time.

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
        Shadesbreathposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Oh yeah, I forgot that one.

4.  A tiara

2. Jerrico Usher profile image56
        Jerrico Usherposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Your in for a long wait.. why let life dictate your destiny? failure to plan is planning to fail... you will never be in the right place at the right time unless you put yourself there.

1. profile image0
          Ananta65posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Good for you if planning and setting goals works for you, Jerrico. For me, I take life as it comes and up until now that hasn't lead to failure smile

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90

Thanks, Ananta,
            Isn't it odd that patience is more a trait of those who objectively, seem to  have less time and perhaps, more vision.

3. profile image0
      Ananta65posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Being modest as I am, I think I might skip on the third goal lol

11. Benson Yeung profile image66
    Benson Yeungposted 15 years ago

I hub to keep the writer in me alive. It will be nice if the positive thoughts reach a few needy readers and warm a few hearts.
    Well, I suppose we want more specific goals as well:
    1. at least one hub every three days.
    2. a published book by 31 Dec 2009.

12. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60

Series of hub does not work.Part of a series attracts huge traffic and some other not at all. I have experienced it several times.

Jyoti Kothari

1. Whitney05 profile image84
      Whitney05posted 15 years agoin reply to this

I don't understand why you can release them as your publish them and release your index hub at the end of it all. I'm pretty sure that's how it's supposed to go...

I have an "index" hub so to speak for my dog hubs, but I've opted to stop updated it because it doesn't get much traffic, neitehr do any of my other "index" hubs linking all of my reptile related hubs, or whatever together. I just mean that I'm going to link the individual hubs together.

According to the HP team, series of interlinking the hubs actually fair well because google sees them interlinking and assumes they are knowledgeable, so to speak.

I know you mean can't not can!

I could I guess but each as a standalone isn't what I want to achieve.  I really want this to be a group, and the whole to hang together as a complete reference guide to the topic (Green Christmas).  Every hub has a link back to the index hub.  I'd have to edit every hub when the index is published.

Anyho I just did them all, so they're all done.  It was actually quite fun and even a little exciting lining them all up in browser tabs and hitting publish, publish publish over and over eleven times!!!  In fact I'd thoroughly recommend it for those of us who are easily pleased by small victories!

13. mhei profile image60
    mheiposted 15 years ago

goals?
    well, at least to reach $100 a year from now. that's possible, isn't it? smile and mostly to get people read my hubs big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)