Are you in tuned to what's happening in your head?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (43 posts)
  1. purpleangel47 profile image60
    purpleangel47posted 13 years ago

Sometimes ... it's easier to pick out somebody else's "crazy"

1. Leptirela profile image73
      Leptirelaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hahaha!! I love this question.... I'm actually tempted to write a whole essay on this...but I will leave it for another time.

Most of the time I 'think' I'm tuned, in fact I know many of us are the same on this (only a few will admit) but, half the time its our sub-consciousness that kicks in ... and without us knowing ......we are NOT TUNED IN smile ..this happens often... hahaha

2. happygolucky007 profile image60
      happygolucky007posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. H.C Porter profile image80
        H.C Porterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Somedays...Other days, I dont bother to deny the 'crazy', because my thoughts jump around and even I am not too sure how to make sense of them  smile
        But I like crazy, it has options that normal doesnt really explore...  big_smile

purpleangel47posted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile I totally agree ... think how boring the world would be if we our minds were limited and ... ordinary. While I haven't felt the need to slice off my ear, I'm definitely tuned into whatever crazy I've got going on. smile

3. LaMamaLoli profile image61
      LaMamaLoliposted 13 years ago

I am extremely tuned in to what is happening in my head. I have a whole other world up there. What I don't understand is why other people don't get it? lol

1. kaltopsyd profile image82
        kaltopsydposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have a whole other world in my head too. I have no idea why other people don't get it. What's the problem? smile

4. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Interesting question and I'm going to approach it from this angle.

I am in tune with my mind as far as to say I understand every thought running through it. I know what causes the thoughts to happen and the images that go with the thoughts.

Am I in control of them, mostly. Some thoughts and images, I leave for later explanation or details. Not discarded, but stored away for further investigation.

You ever have thoughts that you'd be embarrassed to have someone know about or arrested if you carried them out? Not that I think it's a good idea to post them here! smile But that's where my mind was going with that question.

5. kirstenblog profile image79
      kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

I am not only tuned in but am fascinated and enthralled by my own inner craziness! I mean who else counts their steps as they walk, 1, 2, 3, 4 with the aim of ending on 4 simply because its their favourite number! By the way that is totally sensible! lol

1. watchya profile image61
        watchyaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

1. kirstenblog profile image79
          kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh the number 4 as a favourite has its logic two smile

The way I see it if I am hanging with my closest and bestest friend and have just two cookies I might not want to share being the cookie monster that I am but with 4 I can share and still be a cookie monster tongue

1. wychic profile image84
            wychicposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is that any stranger than counting the syllables of something one just said or read and then adding to the thought until there's an even number? I don't have such a nice explanation for it as you do though, it's just something I started doing when I was little and, try as I might, I can never completely stop!

That said, I think I'm fairly in-tune with the inside of my head...various therapy has perhaps helped sharpen the attention and questioning bit. However, I am completely in love with my assorted weirdnesses and really don't try to rein them in...basically the only good thing about paying attention is to make sure I don't inadvertently hurt or annoy anyone around me.

I would venture to guess, though, that most people are not in-tune with their thoughts and/or actions inasmuch as they seem to be completely oblivious as to how they come across in social situations. I suppose I am blessed in that I have a husband who will readily hold up a mirror for me, so to speak, if I get out of hand...and most of the time, that mirror is in the form of uproarious laughter or a shaking of the head followed by burying the head in the hands, followed by some sort of exclamation about how living with me is like living with a cartoon tongue.

6. manlypoetryman profile image83
      manlypoetrymanposted 13 years ago

No...I can't seem to get all the voices in my head in tune! I've been thinking that they all could use a good voice coach...or something. They are always off key.

kirstenblog smile heheeh your not alone....

manlypoetryman are you hearing those aswell smile = you have a new follower!

7. manlypoetryman profile image83
      manlypoetrymanposted 13 years ago

Hearing 'em? They never take a break. Hey Voices...Give it a rest why don't cha'!? Thanks leptirela...! I'll be viewing some of your hubs and following a long...as well!

heheh tnx ... I definately need someone like you on board smile

8. kaltopsyd profile image82
      kaltopsydposted 13 years ago

I really love this question. Let's see... there's way too much going on in my head ALL THE TIME. So I'm not tuned in to everything going on in my head.

Something has to get the least attention. That, at times, just happens to be the most important thing.

Usually there's some story developing in my head, which makes it hard at times to focus on reality.

hahaha makes sense smile

9. watchya profile image61
      watchyaposted 13 years ago

Did your voices in your head tell you to Spam ?

10. watchya profile image61
      watchyaposted 13 years ago

the voices in my head just told me to report spammers . lol

1. kirstenblog profile image79
        kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You too!

Well golly the staff in this particular asylum are about to get a whole heap of reports about spammers. I guess they have the collective voices in our heads to thank!

2. Leptirela profile image73

are you talking to MY voices !? hmm

11. timorous profile image81
      timorousposted 13 years ago

Done.

The mind is a strange place.  However, despite many things going on, the mind and vision are only capable of focusing on one thing at a time (perhaps for only a moment, but one thing nonetheless).  Multi-tasking is therefore a bit of a misnomer.

You have to try and filter out the extraneous garbage, if you wish to concentrate on something.  After all, we'd drive ourselves mad if we had to deal with every single impulse, including breathing, blinking, farting etc.  Some things just come naturally lol

timorous smile well said...

Considering there is (something like- 60%) of our mind / brain we don't use.... hmm...

is it like that, or have i got this wrong?! big_smile

1. timorous profile image81
          timorousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol
          I think it's even more..like 80%. 
          It also seems that some people aren't using even 1% lol

12. profile image0
      Good Intentionsposted 13 years ago

I would like to think that I am in tune with my head, but I would probably feel that I am more in tune with my heart.  Does that count?

<3 definately hehehe....

2. timorous profile image81
        timorousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They do go together more often than not smile

1. profile image0
          Good Intentionsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Some things can not go by logic alone... you can just get that feeling and, invariably, it is right.  I think we all have this ability!

I agree totally, isn't that 'INSTINCT' big_smile ...

Just how many times have we thought about doing/ deciding something just for that split second...then backing off to later find If we actually did that IT WOULD WORK!! ... Personally its happened to me and its still happeng....I guess that little 'voice' just throws an idea in the mix...I just often ignore and don't apply, one of those simple 'act on instincts' could change a whole perspective, and perhaps life... hmm...
            I think there is like a memory box in our brain... and every now and often it stores ideas there fro m our own thoughts...so when we come across something and the INSTINCT kicks in we sometimes forget the 'stored ideas' and seem to have trouble recognising it..!! Oh well, off I went again...I doubt much anyone will make any sense of what I've just written ..Please feel free to laugh!!! big_smile

3. purpleangel47 profile image60

definitely counts smile

13. profile image0
      GW Nicholsposted 13 years ago

If we were to completely tune into whats happening in our heads we would not be alive. Simply meaning that nothing else would affect or phase you. The Brain produces billions of thoughts per seconds, and in those thought are a bunch of under paid mail men trying not to go postal; some of us fail to suppress that.
      I like to think that our brain is smarter than us; let me finish cause i know how stupid that sounds.
      It only gives us what we can handle at that time. Of course there are times that the brain takes over and gives us what we need. Now based off survival and fight or flight instincts most people have the capabilities of doing amazing things. I mean super hero/villain aside think about how scary it truly would be to fully understand and be able to use EVERYTHING that's going on in your head.
      But if some one discovers a serum to get that going I'd rather not have it; I have some pretty odd things up there and I'd rather they stay put where i can't reach them.

VERY interesting response .... smile

14. RNMSN profile image61
      RNMSNposted 13 years ago

thank goodness its finally proven writers/poets/lord help us we all have rats in cages in our heads running in their cages round and round all day/they never take breaks...its hard enough to keep them in check much less in tune so though I "know the words I only hum the tune"  lol

15. profile image0
      ralwusposted 13 years ago

I always pick my crazy, just like my nose, brain boogers I call 'em.

16. bojanglesk8 profile image61
      bojanglesk8posted 13 years ago

Yeah, I know I'm crazy.

17. donotfear profile image83
      donotfearposted 13 years ago

OOOOh, this is a good one. Since I do this for a living, heheheh.  I'm actually TOO MUCH in tune with what's in my head. Problem is I analyze .... over analyze to the point I sometimes create confusion.

I see folks every day in various stages of "crazy". Psychotic, delusional, hearing voices, seeing demons, suicidal.  You name, I've seen it. 

I'd say I'm quite in tune with the space aliens who are trying to communicate with me through my electric water heater.

(Why am I on Hubpages forums? I'm on vacation!!!!)

18. W. Christopher profile image69
      W. Christopherposted 13 years ago

Well, I just asked myself this:

What should I write here?

Myself told me to write this:

Yup, I'm in tune.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hope you don't make all decisions that way. lol

1. W. Christopher profile image69
          W. Christopherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

hehe... nope. just most.

big_smile

1. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good to know, I guess. roll

ahahhah GO Cagsil smile

2. W. Christopher profile image69
              W. Christopherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

'bout to Dinnnggg... the tuning forks big_smile

I think I'll try for a demented, i mean diminished, chord... lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)