T.G.I.H. (HubNuggets Day) - UPDATED WITH WINNERS!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (32 posts)
  1. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

It's that time again folks! It's Friday and the HubNuggets Team has given us all one more reason to say "T.G.I.F." - we've harvested a brand new crop of HubNugget Wannabes for your reading pleasure!

Every week, the HubNuggets Team reads thousands of hubs searching out great ones, the well-written, interesting, fact-filled, thoughtful, thought-provoking, uplifting, humorous, funny, or totally unique hubs, and gathering up the cream of the crop (for that week) into a round-up hub - kinda of like the HubMob round-up that Rose Mary does every week.

Then we all get to read these great hubs (also known as "HubNugget Wannabes"), and vote for our favorites in each of the selected categories.

Any hubber who's accomplished the following (4) things is eligible to be chosen as a HubNuggets Wannabe:

* joined Hub Pages within the last three months (90 days),
        * have an author score of 75 or better
        * published a hub within the last 7 weeks, on one of the featured topics,
        * and that hub has a hub score of 55 or greater

The top vote-collectors in each category then win the coveted designation "HubNugget", and their hub is included in the Hub Pages Newsletter, which goes out to over 60,000 readers.

As well, they come to the attention of more readers, gather more page views, and become known to a wider reading audience.

As well, the HubNuggets Team gets to have a bit of fun with the theme of the round-up hub. This week our intrepid team is venturing into the realms of the film noir detectives of the '40s...

*in my best Humphry Bogart voice*, "So, here's the link you mugs - now, get over there, see, and get reading!"

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Maltese-Fal … HubNuggets

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years ago

These Nuggets are fresher than tomorrow morning's news! Grab a hot cuppa joe and have a look-see.

-- P. Cairo

3. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 13 years ago

Going to read and vote.

4. profile image0
    Imelledaposted 13 years ago

Off to read and vote!

5. profile image0
    renoelleposted 13 years ago

It's Friday, it's Friday! time to read the new hubs!

6. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

Yes Remember to check the Hub Nuggets, I got a lot of traffic to one of my hubs once thanks to the Nice people at Hub Nugget HQ's nominating me, think I came 3rd or joint 4th smile

7. Maddie Ruud profile image71
    Maddie Ruudposted 13 years ago

The HubNugget picks are awesome this week, and the HubNuggets Hub itself is hilarious to boot!

8. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

the hubnuggets hub is funny and well presented --- and the nominees are good!

9. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Voted! smile wink

10. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

You must remember this a hub is just a hub..

A sigh is just a sigh !

The world will always welcome hubbers as time goes by...

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That was great - Play it again, Hub!

11. profile image0
    renoelleposted 13 years ago

Of all the forum threads in all of Hub Pages, I had to drop into this one... smile

12. myownworld profile image74
    myownworldposted 13 years ago

Best of luck to everyone! Just voted smile

13. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Thanks for reading and voting!

14. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 13 years ago

Yippppeeeee!  T.G.I.H....cool!

15. calicoaster profile image76
    calicoasterposted 13 years ago

Great Hubs...all the best to everyone!! smile

16. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 13 years ago

Just popped in and will have to vote tomorrow. I'm in charge of coordinating my friends daughters wedding... after many weeks of total busy-ness, today is finally the BIG day, have been at it since yesterday at dawn... but just walked by the computer and couldn't resist, needed to rest my 'great gams' for a mo' and drink my cuppa joe...

Awesome hub Red,

Congrats to all the hubnuggeteers and good luck... don't forget to promote your hub to all---family, friends, next door neighbors, the kissin' cousins, including Tom, Dick and
    Harry, they can all vote for your hub.

Have a fabulous day everyone

17. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Thanks for the votes, everyone.

As of this moment we have 44 votes in the leading, Books and Writingcategory.

So much fun!

Have a good time at the wedding, Zsuzsy Bee - it's sure to be beautiful.

18. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Votes are increasing and it's a toss-up for the winners. There's still plenty of time, so thanks for reading. We appreciate every vote and comment.

1. B.T. Evilpants profile image59
      B.T. Evilpantsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's good news, Patty!
      I chipped my way out of the joint with a butter knife, just so's I could get over there and vote.

I hear that detective Anderson dame is asking questions all over town. Think I could hole up in your basement for a while?

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
        Zsuzsy Beeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

(Secret entry, not for B.T.'s eyes)
        Patty, here is your chance of getting the basement repainted, the new floor put in annnnd the new shelves mounted on the walls... B.T. is desperate enough for a safe 'hidy-hole' he'll do all those 'never-have-time-to-get-to' odd jobs. ...there is a sinister sounding "hahahaha" in the air.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
          Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey, that's wise. The antlered mug is useful.

19. Money Glitch profile image63
    Money Glitchposted 13 years ago

O.k. I've voted!  Good luck to all the contenders smile

20. profile image0
    askpowersposted 13 years ago

That's good

21. Dobson profile image75
    Dobsonposted 13 years ago

Wow, what a cast of characters...the story just gets more interesting.

I voted for my choice in the Hub Nuggets, hope all of the rest of the community would too!

22. RedElf profile image89

Good for you dobson, and everyone who's voted so far! We've had over 200 votes in the three topics so far! Excellent!

big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

Glad to see you made it out in time to vote, B.T. Maybe we can talk the judge into a hanging sentence (ACK!) I mean, a SUSPENDED sentence (I know, bad pun), for community service or home renovation service, or something...

23. Enelle Lamb profile image73
    Enelle Lambposted 13 years ago

We had it all...
    Just like Bogey and Bacall...
    great hub Red! Voted, voted and voted big_smile

did I mention I voted? LOL can hardly wait for the next batch - this just keeps getting better and better...

24. RedElf profile image89

Thanks, Enelle! Glad to see you made it there, too.

25. Citygal226 profile image67
    Citygal226posted 13 years ago

Hey There! I'm a fairly new Hubber, so I was surprised and ecstatic to be notified that one of my hubs was nominated for the HubNuggets contest! I hope it's not a violation to mention that! I only recently (4-6 weeks ago) decided to avidly pursue my passion for creative writing, after failing miserably at finding a regular, full-time job. I've been more successful and happy as a writer for the past month or so than I was as a job-seeker for the past 2 years! Really looking forward to posting more hubs!

1. Leptirela profile image75
      Leptirelaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I had no idea smile oh dear smile

26. Maddie Ruud profile image71
    Maddie Ruudposted 13 years ago

Congrats to everyone who was nominated, and to our fabulous winners!

Books & Writing (107 total votes)
    The Women on Thespian Lane (Part 1) (58 votes, 54%)
    Doctor's Diary: First Day In The Dissection Hall (13 votes, 12%)
    Writing Creative Fiction: Setting (13 votes, 12%)

Gender & Relationships (97 total votes)
    Won a Trip, Made a Friend (53 votes, 55%)
    How real marriages work (14 votes, 14%)
    Life With the Lunch Lady (11 votes, 11%)

Religion & Beliefs (57 total votes)
    Soul Work: Joy (34 votes, 60%)
    Shadows in the Corn (7 votes, 12%)
    William Blake Ponders the Source of Evil in "The Tyger" (5 votes, 9%)

27. RedElf profile image89

WOW - a total of 261 votes were cast in the polls - these new writers really stirred up a lot of interest this week!

Congratulations to ALL of you!!!

http://www.freefever.com/animatedgifs/animated/congratulations4.gif

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)