Are you into just Hubbing or do you blog on a massive scale?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)
  1. jdh351 profile image61
    jdh351posted 15 years ago

It seems like you have to be involved into every writing for content scheme there is to make money off of your words.  Is this a misconception that I have?

Are you all into Hubbing or multiple blogging for revenue activities?

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 15 years agoin reply to this

IMO, you have a misconception.  And I don't blog at all.

You have to think more in terms of quality than quantity.

2. Reg Brittain profile image60
    Reg Brittainposted 15 years ago

I think it can be done with just hubbing -- LOTS of hubbing.

I haven't been here long enough to know for myself, but that is my aim.

My one concern is, what if the site closes -- which is the reason to have a diverse portfolio -- but it sure seems strong to me.

Right now, I am putting all of my writing time into HubPages.  I hope it pays off big.

3. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

If you want to make "riches" - yes, you will have to work hard, and actually writing is only a small part of what you need to do. 

You can write your heart out on HubPages or blogs or wherever, but if no one can find it, you won't make any money at it - so most of your time should be devoted to promoting what you've written rather than writing more.  If you're attracted to an online life because you want to write, that can be a discouraging thing to discover. 

Read PGrundy's Hub on writing:

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Make-Mon … Strategies

Now read Lissie's Hubs including this one:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Make-Money-Onli … Depression

Good luck!

4. jdh351 profile image61

Thanks allot those links seem very helpful.  This seems encouraging yet difficult at the same time.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that's true.  There is a huge learning curve.  It's one of the reasons I've gone back to working  in the real world (I'm fortunate to have that option).  I realised that making money online is possible, but it would take a couple of years of working harder than I have a mind to!

5. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 15 years ago

I'm not getting rich yet, but I write on hub pages and blog on a number of sites. I do copy and paste my work from my word doc. so I have my own copy if any sites go down!
    Hope not!sad

6. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

Do you really want to know :-)
    I am a paid blogger at 2 blogs: Luxury Destinations
    International Property Investment

Both 3 times a week posting

I write content on a freelance on-going basis for an agency.

I write articles for Constant Content

I write my  own blog occasionally - link on profile

I get paid a $1/post for these two blogs and try to post daily  Australia News and Travel for the Over 30s

I am aiming for 100 hubs on hubpages in the next few weeks.

I have about another 60 odd domains most of which I haven't developed - the few I have are starting to make me money. 
    I make money from affiliate sales and Adsense on those other sites and here

Its taken since Sept 07 to get this far and I work part-time  2 days a week.

How much do I make a week doing all this and remembering that I have only JUST got to this amount, mainly because of work I did 6 months ago - around US$160 /week

Lucky for me the A$ has gone WAY down against the US$!

If you are in this for quick cash  - as Marisa says- get a job.

If you want to build an online business  - its possible but make sure you have savings for 8 months of no income and another year or 2 of unemployment level income.
    The good news is the actual costs of setting up business are very,very low!

And yes for my own sites I spend more time link building than writing - in fact I often buy the content in.

7. jdh351 profile image61

I am really just looking for some sort of supplemental income.  My goals are realistic at the moment and I have attempted blogging and AdSense over a three month span.  My blog has only received 56 visits and has earned no money whatsoever. 

Yet, I am still at it.  I know nothing comes overnight or even overmonth with regards to blogging but I find it interesting and I enjoy writing.

Lissie your post is very helpful and I see you are from Perth!  Perth was my favorite travel experience in life.  I especially miss Cottlesloe Beach.

Thanks everyone!

8. jdh351 profile image61

I made my first nickle from Google last night.  Cha-ching.

Doesn't sound like much but given its only been 48 hours; this seems promising.

Thanks for all your help.
    smile

9. embitca profile image83
    embitcaposted 15 years ago

Relache is right, quality over quantity. Rather than writing tons of content, I try and write well-focused quality content and I do a lot of keyword research so I get the most bang for the buck for what I write. If I don't think a particular niche will generate easy traffic, I won't waste my time with it because I don't want to have to spend 8 hours a day struggling for pageviews.

I am not always successful at nailing a good niche, so when I am not, I cut my losses early and move on. There's a bit of trial and error.

I try and spread out the different things I do so if one thing falls into the crapper, I have some fallbacks. For example, I make money from Adsense and 3-4 different affiiliate programs. So if anything goes wrong, I don't lose 100% of my income.

Right now, I spend an hour or two per day working on my own sites and only a couple of those are blogs. I make money from my websites through affiliate programs and generally don't bother with Adsense at all on them.

I also write 1-2 articles at least five days a week (for article directories) to promote my sites and while I don't make any money from those directly, they provide traffic to both my own sites and to some of my hubs... which makes me money.

And then, when I have time, I make some hubs, primarily for the Adsense income. I like to publish at least 2-3 hubs per week, but sometimes it is less and sometimes more.

I make a full-time income from what I do online on about 4-5 hours of work per day, but it fluctuates wildly. Over the summer I was making twice as much as I am making now. If you are going to rely on money made online I think it is important to have a significant emergency fund to help survive income fluctuations.

JDH, if your blog has only had 56 visits in three months, there might be more to this than just having patience. What do you do to drive traffic to your blog? Have you done keyword research? Did you research the niche you are writing about beforehand to get an idea of how much traffic it might generate?

10. Junkster profile image60
    Junksterposted 15 years ago

I blog occasionally but it's on Tumblr.com so I just post funny pictures I find on the internet, or just rant about things!

I post videos from parties me and my mates have had recently and videos from when I went to Leeds Festival this year via Vimeo too.

Paid blogging just seems like too much effort for me unfortunately sad

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)